Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, why do you all of a sudden think we can finish above both again after last season? I'd love your optimism

We had a very poor season ,up to Christmas we were awful.
How many points behind either Liverpool or Spurs did we finish ?
We need to be up in the top six or top seven or the managers job will be in doubt.
If we do that how far from Liverpool or Spurs will be be ?

No and Yes.

I ignored Bungle when I ignored Chico a while back and a couple of others although I may have jumped the gun on one our two. I wasn't in a good mood.

But life has been so much more peaceful and civilized since.

@Bungle bit of a shock here, ijjy not ignored but you are.

Zat man might have me on ignore, can someone ask him if he is ignoring me and @Bungle please

This threads a mad house
What makes it worse is that the majority of our fans are still expecting a big name to roll through the doors. Its not happening this summer, especially after Martinez' comments yesterday about the focus on the current team and the youngsters coming through at Everton. No doubt we will strengthen in a couple of area's but they won't be signings that will affect the current first 11.

We are not spending money.

Clubcall saying that we aren't going to let McGeady leave after interest from Sunderland. Had to hold on the line for 43 minutes for that bit of info, any idea what that costs from a mobile number?

Just realised ClubCall have a website that gives me that information for free. LOL

Starting 11 plus cover....

Howard (Robles)

Coleman (Hibbert/Browning)
Jagielka Browning?)
Stones (Galloway?)
Baines (Garbutt/Oviedo/Galloway)

McCarthy (Besic)
Barry (Barkley?)

Deulofeu (McGeady)
Cleverly (Osman/Naismith/Barkley/Gibson)
Miralas (Pienaar/McAleny)

Lukaku (Kone)

conclusion: We desperately need an experienced CB, If we play 2DM's we are 2 injuries away from crisis, We have to replace Kone/Naismith unless one has a secret weapon he has hidden for 2 years, We are overstaffed in forward looking midfielders but none of them are brilliant, We have a surfeit at LB and CMF.

without additions we could be 3 games into the season with Hibbo and Barry at CB and Barkley and Osman at DM. I know everyone likes to dream about the exotic #10 but we need some very basic shoring up.

Recommendation: Sell Gibson, Naismith and Kone (and replace), loan out Garbutt or Galloway, Buy a CB like the geyser from Hull Tiggers.

Howard (Robles)

Jagielka Browning?)
Stones (Galloway?)

McCarthy (Besic)
Barry (Barkley?)

Deulofeu (McGeady)

Lukaku (Kone)

conclusion: We desperately need an experienced CB, If we play 2DM's we are 2 injuries away from crisis, We have to replace Kone/Naismith unless one has a secret weapon he has hidden for 2 years, We are overstaffed in forward looking midfielders but none of them are brilliant, We have a surfeit at LB and CMF.

without additions we could be 3 games into the season with Hibbo and Barry at CB and Barkley and Osman at DM. I know everyone likes to dream about the exotic #10 but we need some very basic shoring up.

Recommendation: Sell Gibson, Naismith and Kone (and replace), loan out Garbutt or Galloway, Buy a CB like the geyser from Hull Tiggers.

McShane has gone to Reading. Missed out on him.

Howard (Robles)

Jagielka Browning?)
Stones (Galloway?)

McCarthy (Besic)
Barry (Barkley?)

Deulofeu (McGeady)

Lukaku (Kone)

We're fine in central midfield, have an abundance of options there. Barry, Besic, McCarthy, Gibson, with Osman, Barkley, Cleverly and Ledson all able to play there at a pinch.

In my mind we need to add an experienced center back, we have the likes of Galloway/Browning that could fit in there at a pinch but only Jags who I would consider experienced, an advanced creative player/number 10, and a striker.

If i can trust my news feed..Garbutt going out on loan...

Um. well. I guess we could just plant a tree on the pitch and put a jersey on him. Stout defense and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back