Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players we will (should)have past the next 12 months only:

GK -- ??? / Robles
RB -- Coleman / ???
RCB -- Stones / Browning
LCB -- Jagielka / Galloway
LB -- Baines / Garbutt
DM -- McCarthy / Besic
CM -- Barkley / Cleverley
LW -- ??? / ???
AM -- ??? / ???
RW --Deulofeu / ???
FW -- Lukaku / ???

Conclusion
If Mirallas stays we cover LW in the first eleven, however still need an attacking midfielder and a goalkeeper.

For the squad we need a right back, 2 wingers and a forward. Also due to the youth in central defence someone who can cover there while Browning and Galloway develop.

So over the next 12 months 2 first eleven players and 5 squad players. One or two from the youth may be able to step up such as Henen but we wont know that for another season.

We have a lot of players we dont really need now and Martinez needs to clear them out not keep on about being happy with the squad.

Starting 11 plus cover....

Howard (Robles)

Coleman (Hibbert/Browning)
Jagielka Browning?)
Stones (Galloway?)
Baines (Garbutt/Oviedo/Galloway)

McCarthy (Besic)
Barry (Barkley?)

Deulofeu (McGeady)
Cleverly (Osman/Naismith/Barkley/Gibson)
Miralas (Pienaar/McAleny)

Lukaku (Kone)

conclusion: We desperately need an experienced CB, If we play 2DM's we are 2 injuries away from crisis, We have to replace Kone/Naismith unless one has a secret weapon he has hidden for 2 years, We are overstaffed in forward looking midfielders but none of them are brilliant, We have a surfeit at LB and CMF.

without additions we could be 3 games into the season with Hibbo and Barry at CB and Barkley and Osman at DM. I know everyone likes to dream about the exotic #10 but we need some very basic shoring up.

Recommendation: Sell Gibson, Naismith and Kone (and replace), loan out Garbutt or Galloway, Buy a CB like the geyser from Hull Tiggers.

You gang of absolute melts! I come on here to see if theres any transfer gossip for my team, and i have to get put through all that bollocks!
You could also just use google.

You could also just assume that we won't be making any major signings in this window. I think the sooner we all get used to it, the more enjoyable our summers will be. I've spent the last 2 months waking up each morning searching for everton news before getting up. I've since stopped because im wasting my god damn time.

i still dont think any of our issues from last season have been addressed tbh.
what we gain in signing deulofeu , we lose in not having lennon and having to rely on mcgeady , a player who was bang average. am i expected to beleive he is going to be 50% more of a player this season ?

cleverley . did we even need him ? i fail to see how he improves our chances of fielding a better 11 than we could last year , winning games or finishing higher up the table.

the same argument i put about mcgeady can also be used against hibbert pienaar osman naismith and kone . hibbert is less of an issue with a few youngsters coming through. also atleast pienaar actually has some talent , the others though ? are they really going to be that much better as players this season ? the majority of them im fine to have as fringe players , used in an emergency. but mcgeady kone and naismith are literally our second string ...... thats not good enough.

if we get an injury to lukaku mirallas or either stones or jags , its game over imo.

also , yes our midfield looks strong in names. but there is only 2 forward passers in the whole bunch. besic , who plays a back up plan to robertos love in with barry and mccarthy , and gibson , who is a crock. nobody can tell me cleverly is the player who will make up this productive passing void. i believe he will be played instead of barkley or as a very poor unproductive left sided midfeilder. even if he is played further back in midfeild in place of barry and mccarthy , then besic tragically will have even less of a role in this team.

ive been waiting for the 'we will go with what we have got ' line ever since the 'kone will be like a new player ' line.
as for kone .... insulting hes still at the club and a total disgrace to the legacy of our number 9 shirt.

here is a message to our prem rivals , want to finish above us ? kick lukaku and jags out the game when you get a chance. then see how many goals we wont score and how many we let in. the words barren and hemorrhaging spring to mind.

i still dont think any of our issues from last season have been addressed tbh.
what we gain in signing deulofeu , we lose in not having lennon and having to rely on mcgeady , a player who was bang average. am i expected to beleive he is going to be 50% more of a player this season ?

cleverley . did we even need him ? i fail to see how he improves our chances of fielding a better 11 than we could last year , winning games or finishing higher up the table.

the same argument i put about mcgeady can also be used against hibbert pienaar osman naismith and kone . hibbert is less of an issue with a few youngsters coming through. also atleast pienaar actually has some talent , the others though ? are they really going to be that much better as players this season ? the majority of them im fine to have as fringe players , used in an emergency. but mcgeady kone and naismith are literally our second string ...... thats not good enough.

if we get an injury to lukaku mirallas or either stones or jags , its game over imo.

also , yes our midfield looks strong in names. but there is only 2 forward passers in the whole bunch. besic , who plays a back up plan to robertos love in with barry and mccarthy , and gibson , who is a crock. nobody can tell me cleverly is the player who will make up this productive passing void. i believe he will be played instead of barkley or as a very poor unproductive left sided midfeilder. even if he is played further back in midfeild in place of barry and mccarthy , then besic tragically will have even less of a role in this team.

ive been waiting for the 'we will go with what we have got ' line ever since the 'kone will be like a new player ' line.
as for kone .... insulting hes still at the club and a total disgrace to the legacy of our number 9 shirt.

here is a message to our prem rivals , want to finish above us ? kick lukaku and jags out the game when you get a chance. then see how many goals we wont score and how many we let in. the words barren and hemorrhaging spring to mind.
Well that's depressing but not a lot there I could argue with.

Except I think the big difference is we won't be seeing Barry and McCarthy playing every game or Naismith or Barkley on the wing.

We will line up with a proper 4-3-3 with Cleverly, Barkley and McCarthy in the middle and that team hopefully will be more creative.

Well that's depressing but not a lot there I could argue with.

Except I think the big difference is we won't be seeing Barry and McCarthy playing every game or Naismith or Barkley on the wing.

We will line up with a proper 4-3-3 with Cleverly, Barkley and McCarthy in the middle and that team hopefully will be more creative.

i cant see barry being dropped (he should but wont)

i also like the line up ..

.........howard
coleman stones jags baines
..mccarthy barkley cleverley
deulofeu...lukaku...mirallas

but with the lack of quality new signings , thats an injury away from disaster apart from midfield.

i cant see barry being dropped (he should but wont)

i also like the line up ..

.........howard
coleman stones jags baines
..mccarthy barkley cleverly
deulofeu...lukaku...mirallas

but with the lack of quality new signings , thats an injury away from disaster apart from midfield.
Browning is looking good and it's obvious Martinez is after another CB. If Deulofeu or Mirallas is injured we could play a different formation or even McGeady, he's not great but he can do a job for a few games.

It's the striker department I'm worried about most. If Rom is injured we literally can't score. They couldn't even score against an awful Swindon team that were playing as open as I've seen any team play against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back