Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have a better squad than the clubs mentioned, then we will have no problem finishing above them next season will we? Hmm?

I'm sorry mate but my dissatisfaction with mid-table mediocrity is not going to change. You see, for the clubs mentioned, mid-table mediocrity in the Premier League is both a novelty and something to celebrate. In some cases, finishing 9th or 8th represents their highest ever league finishes. For Everton, it certainly isn't a novelty (as we have been experiencing it for over 20 years now) and it certainly is not something to celebrate.

I acknowledge that it is questionable whether the likes of Swansea and Stoke can maintain their mid-table status for decades on end like Everton, but please make no mistake in acknowledging that we are currently operating and competing in the same bracket of clubs that are deemed mid-table also-rans. This should not be acceptable to Everton fans.

So what you gowna do about it apart from cry and whinge on a forum?

I'll let you have the honour...mine would turn into a web of disaster.

Most interesting for me is:

A-- Current players who would get into the sides in the top 6.

B-- Players with game time who have the potential to get into those sides in the next 3 seasons.

Would highlight more of what areas need strengthening now and in the short term.

1st 11? Start a new thread. That's a good question.

You mean I should have adapted to accept mediocrity by now? Maybe you are right, it isn't going to happen though.
In a way I admire that but simply fuming at the manager won't make a difference. We all know you need money and this manager is doing very well without the funds so maybe you should just ease up a bit. After all what's our net-spend since Martinez took over? I would suspect it's less than 10m yet he's taken an aging team under Moyes and hasn't just improved it dramatically but also got it's average age down along with 5 very promising youngsters.

B-- Players with game time who have the potential to get into those sides in the next 3 seasons.

Would highlight more of what areas need strengthening now and in the short term.
Done although I just kept it simple. Maybe I should have used a poll.

The B option is much harder to predict. Of the A option.

Jagielka, Coleman, Baines, Stones, McCarthy, Barkley, Lukaku,

Option B: Deulofeu, Garbutt

Well most of that is.

Martinez has said we're interested in Lennon and Lennon has said he's willing to wait until the end of the window.
Ogbonna has pretty much confirmed that
Martinez said we're looking at a couple of positions only recently
There's no money left if you believe O'Keeffe figure after those two signings.

It's as close to a sure thing as you get in the window.

It isn't really.
We know that we have signed Deulofeu and Cleverley.
I think we can accept that there was a definite interest in Ogbonna and Dann.
We know the manager has said he wants to add probably two more to the squad. We don't know who or we don't know for which positions but centreback looks obvious.
We certainly have no idea what the budget is.

Everything else is conjecture

It isn't really.
I think we can accept that there was a definite interest in Ogbonna and Dann.
We know the manager has said he wants to add probably two more to the squad. We don't know who or we don't know for which positions but centreback looks obvious.
We certainly have no idea what the budget is.

Apart from

We know the manager has said he wants to add probably two more to the squad. We don't know if he's lying our not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back