Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wigan+Athletic+v+West+Ham+United+Premier+League+My5gFJYR5sLl.jpg

Theres always a club who are willing to take players on.

Howard could to go the MLS no problem.

Naismith would fetch half decent money maybe even £7.5mil and Kone possibly £1mil so selling them and adding a little extra we should be able to sign a decent backup to Lukaku.

I think we may need to hope Henen steps up on the left wing as McGeady is useless and Pienaar will be gone in a year.
Mirallas and Deulofeu can both play on the left, and wingers cost less than strikers... I hope Henen steps up as Rom's backup.

Mirallas and Deulofeu can both play on the left, and wingers cost less than strikers... I hope Henen steps up as Rom's backup.
From the Youtube clipswhen he signed and comments on here I thought Henen was more a Miralas type than a Lukaku?? An old fashioned #10...
Expectations might be a tad high on here... not sure how you back up a 28M striker when you are on a limited budget and need to buy a CB and a playmaker as well...
That said Kone and/or Naismith are not valid back-ups. Although I have some regard for Naismith.

Can we just go out and get Shaqiri for 2 reasons

1) I think him in that number 10 role would suit us really well, he loves a through ball plus if we wanna play barkley advanced we can move him to the left in pienaar's position

2) The fume on Stoke's faces would be absolutely immense after claiming they are a much bigger club than us after finishing above us for the 1st time in 40 years

What about Carles Gil? Looked good at villa until sherwood came and dropped him for some reason. Probably pretty cheap aswell. Anyone seen him play in spain?

pretty much this. the most to the point explanation is you can pay 3 designated players as much as you want to despite there being a salary/wage cap. NYCFC with Pirlo, lampard and villa , etc. As Spurting said it was first brought in for Beckham
Technically, 2 players, and then you have to pay extra for the third with that money being distributed around the league. But, yeah, good explanation.

Can we just go out and get Shaqiri for 2 reasons

1) I think him in that number 10 role would suit us really well, he loves a through ball plus if we wanna play barkley advanced we can move him to the left in pienaar's position

2) The fume on Stoke's faces would be absolutely immense after claiming they are a much bigger club than us after finishing above us for the 1st time in 40 years
That would be amazing, but sadly I doubt it, think he'd want higher wages than we can offer. One can dream though!

On BBC, thoughts? Aids?

Samuel Luckhurst of the Manchester Evening News says Jonny Evans' inclusion in Manchester United's tour squad will have no bearing on a mooted move to Everton...
Still expect Evans to join Everton, despite #MUtour chance. Gone on tour partly due to Rojo absence and attitude never in doubt. #mufc

11:11 a.m. - 15 July 2015

for the love of all that is holy, please NO, the thought of looking at that mans face and supporting him is sickening

I FEEL ILL

As Evans will only be back up i'm not that arsed. Browning and Galloway are both getting used in pre-season so hopefully one of those will give us a 4th CB option.

On BBC, thoughts? Aids?

Samuel Luckhurst of the Manchester Evening News says Jonny Evans' inclusion in Manchester United's tour squad will have no bearing on a mooted move to Everton...
Still expect Evans to join Everton, despite #MUtour chance. Gone on tour partly due to Rojo absence and attitude never in doubt. #mufc

11:11 a.m. - 15 July 2015

Interesting. Sounds pretty certain.

Just noticed he's 1/5 odds on with Skybet to join us too. Not that it means much but it's extremely short. When did this escalate?!

As Evans will only be back up i'm not that arsed. Browning and Galloway are both getting used in pre-season so hopefully one of those will give us a 4th CB option.

In isolation i don't rate him, but as above Galloway or Browning look prospects and he'll be 3rd choice. If we haven't got that much money and it's a choice between spending on a really good CB but not as much on number 10, or making do with Evans and getting a really good 'number 10' i'll go with the latter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back