Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Carles Gil has been Villa's best player in the friendlies. I don't see why we aren't in for him as Pienaar's long term replacement.

I'm just taking a wild guess that Roberto thinks he's pyar gash.

That or the small posibility he has other targets.

Even if all that is true. Is there any other option but to try?

What?!?! Of course. We can do the thing our manager has openly said is his primary goal for the window: keep the current core together. We kept Baines, Jags and some others despite interest.

I would have indefinitely more respect for sell to buy proponents if their maths included failure. Even the greatest managers in history have made terrible signings and wasted tens of millions. OF COURSE it would make sense to ship off every player at peak value if one could replace said player easily and immediately with a cheaper option. OF COURSE, using utopian thinking, sell to buy looks like a top idea.

Realistically we can't attract CL quality players and even with 30m we still aren't spending more than any of our rivals for the top 4/6. If we can arrange a transfer to the Primeira where 30m is a lot of money then yeah ... sure ... let's sell.

leaguespenders_3024252a.png

If one of the top clubs in the world comes in for your players and gives you 30-50m in most other leagues you suddenly have a massive competitive advantage.

a) The player is often sold OUT of your league so your rivals aren't improved.

b) The transfer money represents a significant portion of the entire league spend. In some of these leagues people mention where sell-to-buy works a 30-50m pay-day means you have HALF what the entire rest of the teams will spend COMBINED. In the Prem it means you will still be seventh in spending ... but you'll be a CLOSER seventh. Even the second highest league, La Liga, that number is driven by a couple of teams spending -- so the pay-day you get from a good sale puts you in a sweet 3rd or 4th in spending (with that many CL spots). We're not going to get to 3rd in spend from selling McCarthy.

If you can retain players that CL teams want then you have the core of a CL team. If we sell them we're starting over again and introducing risk that we don't spend the money on CL quality players.

One way we have a CL quality team.

The other way we can sit next to Newcastle, Stoke and Sunderland with a big pile of money trying to attract players who want CL football to a club that finished 11th last year.

I know which way of building a team looks easier to me.

The thing with th back up centre back thing is they're not really back up. Stones and Jags simply won't play every single game this season. The third one will get guarenteed games. At United he's behind Rojo, Jones and Smalling.

So he will be the third choice defender but on double what Stones is getting paid.

It's a recipe for disaster and does not make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back