Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Came here for the fume, was not disappointed.

Is the fee £8mn, or potentially rising to £8mn.

Either way, I'm OK with Evans. Out of form recently but played well a few seasons back, only 27, not terrified of the ball, captain of the NI team. He'll understand what his role is and do it professionally.

Might not be a star player but as Martinez said it's about keeping our current team together and adding depth alongside youth in the squad where possible to what is a very good starting 11

Either way, I'm OK with Evans. Out of form recently but played well a few seasons back, only 27, not terrified of the ball, captain of the NI team. He'll understand what his role is and do it professionally.

Might not be a star player but as Martinez said it's about keeping our current team together and adding depth alongside youth in the squad where possible to what is a very good starting 11

Good post.

It's not £8m full stop mate.

Does anyone else think the money being quoted for McCarthy seems low by modern standards? Most media outlets are saying Man City will offer £20m and Spurs will offer £12m plus Lennon.

We paid £13m I think and there were add ons up to £15m, so to sell him for £5m more 2 years later doesn't seem like good business to me.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...McCarthy-Manchester-City-Transfer-News-Gossip

I would have thought £25m cash or £20m plus Lennon.

Also (from the article) it says Lennon is valued at £9m. I'm not sure about that, given his age and the fact that he is in the final year of his contract.

Then again if Evans is £8m, maybe I am behind the times :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back