Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jose Mourinho did not sign him, look how scared he was of taking the penalty in the Euro Champs League final, and take it from there. He is no Zlatan and never will be, but hopefully the reputation his agent is forging for him saves THE CLUB that WE support some money.

He was so scared of taking a penalty in that game. And then so ashamed of his fear that he has managed to erase his name from the history books, to make it look like he wasn´t even on the bench never mind on the pitch missing a penalty!

Arthur 'McMarthur' McPherson Mcanamanan Chalfont St Peter. Ask a stupid a question, you will get a silly answer. How about NOT Lukaku as a serious answer that cost us £28M? God there are so many WUM's on this site, who don't even love Everton. Who spends £28m on a striker unless you're challenging for the league? We need to sell him like we got out of the Fellaini £15m shame that Moyes blew his budget on and got us out of. Man. I give up. Please superagent sell him to an Italian team

Arthur 'McMarthur' McPherson Mcanamanan Chalfont St Peter. Ask a stupid a question, you will get a silly answer. How about NOT Lukaku as a serious answer that cost us £28M? God there are so many WUM's on this site, who don't even love Everton. Who spends £28m on a striker unless you're challenging for the league? We need to sell him like we got out of the Fellaini £15m shame that Moyes blew his budget on and got us out of. Man. I give up. Please superagent sell him to an Italian team

what you having for tea mate?

Which is why Tottenham paid up to potentially £10m for a 17/18 year old? Ridiculous. I'm gonna let you guys just type. I've said nothing offensive. And he won BBC Welsh Sports Personality of the Year at that age. OK mate. try harder next time.

First of all why the attitude? I actually only asked a question ... I wasn't having a go at you. Good grief ... are people deliberately trying to make this an unpleasant place?

Spurs paid 5m for him -- rising to 10m.

Your contention is people are at a certain level at a young age and it doesn't change. Well if Bale was considered *world class* then Spurs wouldn't have been the ones buying him at that age. He would have gone to Madrid then (or ManU or whomever).

We didn't sell Rooney to Spurs for 5m did we? Same age. Why was Bale only 5m? Because people didn't rate him as world class back then. Sure he was considered a great prospect but not to the level he is now. Bale scored a grand total of 5 goals in his first three years at Spurs. He got better. Much better. Ergo I think you're a bit wrong here my friend.

EDIT: Forgot that Southampton waived their 25% sell on for Bale (and a guaranteed 5m) for a 2-3m payout. Which was astonishingly stupid given how *obvious* it was to everyone he would one day be sold for 80m or whatever it was.

Last edited:
Arthur 'McMarthur' McPherson Mcanamanan Chalfont St Peter. Ask a stupid a question, you will get a silly answer. How about NOT Lukaku as a serious answer that cost us £28M? God there are so many WUM's on this site, who don't even love Everton. Who spends £28m on a striker unless you're challenging for the league? We need to seel him like we got out of the Fellaini £15m shame that Moyes blew his budget on. Man. I give up. Please superagent sell him to an Italian team
Everything alright mate?

Best to swerve the thread for a bit, save the dramz

Roma or Wolfsburg forget which offered 40 mil. Would buy us a replacement, and a no 10- although I don't know if I trust Roberto with transfer dealings anymore.

yes. I did. I can see natural first touch, skill, dribbling, pace, and finishing ability when I see it. If Martinez was serious with his comments about everyone having to earn their place, McAleny would be in the first-team due to all those abilities instead of Lukaku. If you cannot see McAleny's skill and touch and class, then sorry mate, you either have played football but have no skill, or you just have never played football. :)

Agree with the principle. There were times last season Rom should have been dropped. That should go throughout the whole team though. Good form should earn and keep you a place. Howard and Barry should have been benched and Rom needed time out when he wasn't performing. He's earned the right though to start the season as our frontline striker, if he's not cutting it though then the likes of Naismith McAleny and Kone should get a chance and not just for one game.

Agree with the principle. There were times last season Rom should have been dropped. That should go throughout the whole team though. Good form should earn and keep you a place. Howard and Barry should have been benched and Rom needed time out when he wasn't performing. He's earned the right though to start the season as our frontline striker, if he's not cutting it though then the likes of Naismith McAleny and Kone should get a chance and not just for one game.

I wouldnt let Kone put the cones out at training.

Even on Lukakus worst days hes 50 times the player of Kone.

McAleny has impressed against a League One side, when he does it against a Premiership side we can hail him as the next great hope, but until then hes potentially decent.

First of all why the attitude? I actually only asked a question ... I wasn't having a go at you. Good grief ... are people deliberately trying to make this an unpleasant place?

Spurs paid 5m for him -- rising to 10m.

Your contention is people are at a certain level at a young age and it doesn't change. Well if Bale was considered *world class* then Spurs wouldn't have been the ones buying him at that age. He would have gone to Madrid then (or ManU or whomever).

We didn't sell Rooney to Spurs for 5m did we? Same age. Why was Bale only 5m? Because people didn't rate him as world class back then. Sure he was considered a great prospect but not to the level he is now. Bale scored a grand total of 5 goals in his first three years at Spurs. He got better. Much better. Ergo I think you're a bit wrong here my friend.

Harry Redknapp (who despite the slurs) is a proper English football manager with an imagination. He utilised Bale as L/W or R/W and should be England manager, should have been, especially in the Lampard age of football, seeing as he's his relative. Roy Hodgson - do me a favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back