Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt let Kone put the cones out at training.

Even on Lukakus worst days hes 50 times the player of Kone.

McAleny has impressed against a League One side, when he does it against a Premiership side we can hail him as the next great hope, but until then hes potentially decent.

You think if McAleny comes on, and impresses, he'll replace Lukaku, or even partner him. For all the talk of RM's creativeness and forward-thinking, he has never played 3 at the back or even two out and out up front. He's signed Lukaku for £28m and will stick with him until he leaves.

I wouldnt let Kone put the cones out at training.

Even on Lukakus worst days hes 50 times the player of Kone.

McAleny has impressed against a League One side, when he does it against a Premiership side we can hail him as the next great hope, but until then hes potentially decent.

Some players need a chance though. Absolutely zero point in playing with an out of form striker up front. Rom wasn't even fit last season at times but was playing every game. You mention Kone and McAleny but they are fourth and fifth choice. Naismith and Mirallas are viable alternatives who should get opportunities upfront when Lukaku is off form.

You think if McAleny comes on, and impresses, he'll replace Lukaku, or even partner him. For all the talk of RM's creativeness and forward-thinking, he has never played 3 at the back or even two out and out up front. He's signed Lukaku for £28m and will stick with him until he leaves.

He did drop him around Christmas time didn't he?

Harry Redknapp (who despite the slurs) is a proper English football manager with an imagination. He utilised Bale as L/W or R/W and should be England manager, should have been, especially in the Lampard age of football, seeing as he's his relative. Roy Hodgson - do me a favour.

tumblr_inline_nrn7dsNnx71t0n67w_500.gif

What team in the history of the Premiership has spent £28M on a striker and finished 11th?

If you think Lukaku will be a World-Cup star or even coveted by big teams if he stays at Everton for a few seasons for a big fee, then you are deluded. We need to sell him to a league where he looks good, hopefully for a profit, because he didn't look good against Stoke, who may as well be Swindon. Anyone wants to disagree after tomorrow's performance, feel free.

Pretty sure this a nuts transfer thread lads. Can we leave the England manager chat to another thread?

He did drop him around Christmas time didn't he?

Yeah and it did Rom good. I think for once we have a variety of strikers. Rom is the plan A and rightly so but what Martinez did well in his first season was sub Rom off if it wasn't happening and Naismith got big goals off the bench. Didn't see that much last season. If McAleny offers something different and saves us from buying a jarg fourth choice striker then I think he should see some game time in those moments when it's not happening for Rom.

Yeah and it did Rom good. I think for once we have a variety of strikers. Rom is the plan A and rightly so but what Martinez did well in his first season was sub Rom off if it wasn't happening and Naismith got big goals off the bench. Didn't see that much last season. If McAleny offers something different and saves us from buying a jarg fourth choice striker then I think he should see some game time in those moments when it's not happening for Rom.

I do agree that we need a better option when Rom is having a bad day. Which does happen, but will happen less next season.

Kone is well...Kone. I've liked Conor just about every time I've seen him, even in that Krasnodar game where he got badly slated but I liked that he was trying things, they just didn't come off. But could he play the lone striker role we persist with? I highly doubt it.

I'm not sure we are going to go for another striker type though so it's all a bit of a pointless chat!

What team in the history of the Premiership has spent £28M on a striker and finished 11th?

If you think Lukaku will be a World-Cup star or even coveted by big teams if he stays at Everton for a few seasons for a big fee, then you are deluded. We need to sell him to a league where he looks good, hopefully for a profit, because he didn't look good against Stoke, who may as well be Swindon. Anyone wants to disagree after tomorrow's performance, feel free.

Swindon performance tomoro or Stoke's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back