Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So say we do have 10-15 mill left over to buy players then we sell stones for the 31 million papers are reporting we are holding out for. Would we have 45 mill odds in transfer budget? Wouldn't matter anyway we would probably spend about 10 million of it.

I honestly think some of our fanbase are as deluded as them lot across the park. We're not in a position to sign Pique or Ramos.

Our main options last year were:

Jags, Distin, Stones, Alcaraz

This season it could be:

Jags, Stones, Evans, Browning.

That to me is a big improvement. But it won't happen anyway so i don't know why i've bothered, and still bothering to type...i can't stop.

jesus christ lad, give fellow evertonians respect will you! RS fans have them believing they can still attract players like alexis sanchez and benzema when they're not even in europe. we're nothing like that. Evans is a bit average, there is nothing deluded with everton fans thinking we can do much better. we're still a great team. also what you mentioned is not a big improvement imo, it's probably worse tbh.

not having a go, just hate our fans being compared to theirs - saying we don't want evans is hardly saying we should be looking at pique. whereas liverpool fans do actually think they should go after pique.

yes. I did. I can see natural first touch, skill, dribbling, pace, and finishing ability when I see it. If Martinez was serious with his comments about everyone having to earn their place, McAleny would be in the first-team due to all those abilities instead of Lukaku. If you cannot see McAleny's skill and touch and class, then sorry mate, you either have played football but have no skill, or you just have never played football. :)

hi conor x

we've been wondering what your username was for a while.

So say we do have 10-15 mill left over to buy players then we sell stones for the 31 million papers are reporting we are holding out for. Would we have 45 mill odds in transfer budget? Wouldn't matter anyway we would probably spend about 10 million of it.
Whatever we had before would go missing.

Please please keep hold of Stones Roberto, the boy is class now and will only get better. England captain with in the next 5yrs, will be the best C/B in europe .

Yarmalenko in talks with Stoke over a £13.5m move. Come on Roberto get in there no way he can be allowed to go there.
Is Hughes just having a laugh this window? He should really stop messing around and target some players he can actually get or is this just to drive up the demand for season tickets.

What if Lukaku gets injured? I keep saying it but everyone is just obsessed with this playmaker stuff. Its like everyone goes around using playmaker in every thread,sentence, every second word, Playmaker,Playmaker, Playmaker jeez please no more!
The RS have about 25 strikers but I would just like one please that can get between 10-15 goals a season from occasional starts and from off the bench. Lukaku must be thinking it doesn't matter if I don't score sure I'm gonna start anyways as there's nobody else. It's really not on. Rant over.
I agree with you in principle, but given that we play with one up front, it means the backup striker is just that - a back up. So who do you think we could get that would be better than what we have, is affordable and is happy to sit on the bench and wait for Lukaku to get injured or get 10 minutes here and there when we are chasing a game?
Realistically - who do you think we could get?

This season, he's exclusively plays on the right, we currently have 3 wingers in Deulofeu, Mirallas and McGeady. As well as several players who can operate well out wide such as Pienaar, Osman, Cleverly and Oviedo.

While he is a quality player, I don't think we'll be looking for another wide-man unless say one of either Mirallas or McGeady is sold.
It would appear we're still in for Lennon.

Yarmolenko was my first choice in my own thread "Your choice for new No10/winger" but I didn't think we had a chance and I still don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back