Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Yarmolenko would probably solve our playmaker option as well, tbh.
tumblr_inline_mofk2bkCRG1rdand6.gif

Obviously I'd like us to have further quality options such as him, but atm our priority targets are a CB and a playmaker.

I see the interest in Mertens has died as well.

As much as we would love Mirallas, Mertens, Yamamamamamamalokono and Gezza, we simply cant have 4 quality wingers, we have 2, I think Kevin will stay, as you say, we NEED a CB and a playmaker, if we get them in and we have some money, sure, work on some quality squad players, we could certainly do with a new GK, a back up RB, another quality winger and defo a better back up striker.

We will loan some of them I think.

As much as we would love Mirallas, Mertens, Yamamamamamamalokono and Gezza, we simply cant have 4 quality wingers, we have 2, I think Kevin will stay, as you say, we NEED a CB and a playmaker, if we get them in and we have some money, sure, work on some quality squad players, we could certainly do with a new GK, a back up RB, another quality winger and defo a better back up striker.

Cleverley will be the playmaker

must be a loan striker we could get?

I reckon Yarmolenko would probably solve our playmaker option as well, tbh.

There's difference between a playmaker and a player who "makes stuff happen".

That may sound confusing but for example, Barkley, Deulofeu and Mirallas are all players who "make stuff happen", be that running from deep, stretching defences, taking a man on or shooting. But none of them are playmakers. I think Yarmolenko would also fall into this category.

Always make me feel slightly better as doubt starts to creep in. Many thanks.

There's difference between a playmaker and a player who "makes stuff happen".

That may sound confusing but for example, Barkley, Deulofeu and Mirallas are all players who "make stuff happen", be that running from deep, stretching defences, taking a man on or shooting. But none of them are playmakers. I think Yarmolenko would also fall into this category.

Good point. Suppose it'd depend what we were after. I think a lot more players fall into the latter category than the Pienaar, Arteta type etc. (and the ones that are there, aren't available).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back