Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooney, threw his dummy out of his pram, when he was leaving. Stones seems to have more class. Also we're in such a better place now. The club was basically, broke back then. Bent and Cahill, are only signings for under £2 million, some how it worked. The Rooney deal probably saved us over the next few seasons.
We have to be honest, if Chelsea want him as bad as the papers are saying he'll go. If Utd and City want him too, the money will get silly. Only good thing will be we'll get a lot of money for him. Spending it correctly will be the problem. Roberto, isn't the best when it comes to buying defenders.

Based on what? Alcaraz was free. He's only bought Galloway. He was also in for Stones at Wigan before Moyes bought him.

Dewey Crowe's back.

Try taking your own advice.

No surprises really. Us spending the third least amount is probably right and on par with the last 5 or so years.

So all you fantasy footballers and Fifa Career mode experts can jump on the bandwagon of another club thanks.

I shouldn't really have to name and shame because you know who you are.

Where did you mention their already being world class in your original post? They have improved as they got older.

There's a strong argument that you're talking nonsense, not just here but in other posts too. If I get this right you expect Everton to compete with the leading lights in world football to sign the best 14/15 year olds on the basis that they may develop and become world class?

We can't compete with these clubs. So, Ronaldo cost £12m. He wouldn't have joined anyone but a top tier side such as Man Utd.

We are shopping in a market that doesn't include your world class players I'm afraid; they're premium buys for premium clubs.

PS - what the Hibbert is a free-kick half-volley? and he was 15? No, no, no, no, no.
Messi was signed when he was 11 with a contract written on a paper napkin because the guy that signed him had no other paper.

I sort of agree that you don't need to be a footballing genius to recognize someone who is capable of being world class however the problem is that Barcelona sign 100s of potential Messi's a year. It costs them a fortune and only one or two make it.

It probably is more cost effective to poach them off other teams like we have done with Henen, Stones and Galloway around the late teens, early twenties mark. For me that's the sweet spot between the risk they won't develop and cost. However at that age a striker is still close to 30m.

Off topic
No surprises really. Us spending the third least amount is probably right and on par with the last 5 or so years.

So all you fantasy footballers and Fifa Career mode experts can jump on the bandwagon of another club thanks.

I shouldn't really have to name and shame because you know who you are.
So who are you a multi off? I like the minion avatar. Very apt.

Add in Garbutt and an attempt at Lascalles as well...we should be doing this on the continent more though.

Messi was signed when he was 11 with a contract written on a paper napkin because the guy that signed him had no other paper.

I sort of agree that you don't need to be a footballing genius to recognize someone who is capable of being world class however the problem is that Barcelona sign 100s of potential Messi's a year. It costs them a fortune and only one or two make it.

It probably is more cost effective to poach them off other teams like we have done with Henen, Stones and Galloway around the late teens, early twenties mark. For me that's the sweet spot between the risk they won't develop and cost. However at that age a striker is still close to 30m.

Add in Garbutt and an attempt at Lascalles as well...we should be doing this on the continent more though.
I think Garbutt was bought at 16 so year but that's actually a bit early. We bought Green a year younger and look how that went. But yea we could do it from other leagues however there might be a good reason why we don't see so many. At that age if they're good enough they probably have agents touting them around all the best clubs. We did get Henen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back