Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, mentioned a mate a while back and got attacked for it, just got an email off my phone that he sent 8.00am your time. It said that it was four word message to Jose, "not interested thank you" if true good on ya Boberto and the board room

Those aren't the four words I would have chosen. Our board are better people than me.

That's all I got mate, I will give him a shout after I finish this maintenance report on why it took me 4 hours to re-gas a 717. Don't think I would get away with stating "because I was reading GOT" :)

Expect a large bid from Chelsea before the weekend, talking big numbers......

Just thought id remind everyone of the bobby interview, couldnt find the full transcript but as he said here, we dont have 28 million (we have already spent 4), & he also thinks 4 players is enough, now wether he believes cleverly is the playmaker or the "other" is another thing.
I also rememeber him saying we need to be patient, we need may be able to get 1 or 2 in early but we may have to be patient with other signings but i couldnt find that part

"We haven’t got £28m now! You’ll have to give me another 2 years! Unless Robert (Roberto turns to Robert Elstone at this point) has got it there! What excites me about next season is not the players that can come in but the players we have got. Players like John Stones, Ross Barkley, Romelu Lukaku, Seamus Coleman, James McCarthy. Now you look at the experienced ones like Leon Osman, Phil Jagielka, Leighton Baines…there is a real strong group of players that is there. Finances, we don’t need to look at the finances to be a good side.

We need to be very precise in what we want to bring in and attract the right player and personality. We’ll bring in the players we need with the mentality that we need at our football club. I’m delighted with the young players we have at the club and it’s making sure we bring in a centre half, a playmaker, a wide player and maybe another player to increase the numbers in the squad. We don’t need the numbers we had last season, being out of Europe we can reduce the squad size. We will be fine with an extra four players, it’s more making sure that we don’t lose any of the performers we have had this season. We don’t rely on knowing how much we have to spend. We’re not in a position where we have to sell assets in order to balance the books…but we need to make sure that the players in the squad want to play for Everton. If the player doesn’t want to play for your team, we’re not going to fight it. "

I didn't say someone of his quality but we need a striker who is capable of stepping in and scoring goals.

Relying on as you say Barkley if Lukaku got injured is just absurd, you're talking about playing him out of position and then expecting a player who has 8 goals in 76 apps to keep us going.

That's just asking for trouble.

Any striker coming in is going to have to settle for the odd 10 minutes here and there or a game against Bury in the League Cup. Lukaku will start on his own whenever he is fit.

It's not an attractive proposition for many to take that backup role. We certainly can't expect someone who isn't playing to suddenly start banging in the goals should Lukaku get injured.

If we get another forward, it'll be someone crap (see the current incumbent) or a promising youngster on loan (who won't play)

Can we update these threads with the whole 'threadmark' stuff and 'bid comes in' 'bid immediatley rejected' to keep from having to figure out whats what?

If theres any news the mods will make a thread.

If you dont see any new threads linking us to players or mentioning bids for our players you can safely assume that nothing is happening.

Thus there is no real need to look in this thread for news cos it is just full of WUMS and jarg ITKs.

If theres any news the mods will make a thread.

If you dont see any new threads linking us to players or mentioning bids for our players you can safely assume that nothing is happening.

Thus there is no real need to look in this thread for news cos it is just full of WUMS and jarg ITKs.
You know, I out this in COMPLETELY the wrong thread. Meant to put it in the Stones thread.. doh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back