Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All well and good having a good number 10 behind the striker but there's still the issue that Gibson aside no one playing in the deep two midfield positions can pick a forward pass. Either Martinez is waiting for Gibson or Barkley needs to be moved back. One defensive mid, one deep playmaker, and a number 10. If you want to play 4231 that is how the midfield needs to be structured: busquets xavi iniesta, Khedira Schweinsteiger Ozil, De Rossi Pirlo Totti, even Mascherano Alonso Gerrard to some extent.

Instead we currently play two holding mids, neither of which are a true DM with McCarthy being box to box and Barry more of a schemer. We then play a box to box midfielder in the number 10 position. Martinez needs to pick a DM put one of Barkley or Gibson next to him, then buy a number 10 if he wants to play 4231.

Martinez has said that the #10 he wants to buy will drop as deep as Barry and McCarthy - hard to fathom exactly how that would line up but perhaps that would address the problem?

My redshite mate trying to wind me up on the phone, he said he was working in Manchester this morning and got talking to a Man U fan, this fan was supposedly an ITK, he said we had officially made a £5.5m bid for Evans, which was knocked back because the Mancs value him at £8m.

How much would Praet or Ziyech be available for? Or even this wunderkind Tielemans?

I don't rate players in the Dutch league, it's of such a poor standard. Praet and Tielemans would be good, but I want an experienced playmaker, not someone with potential. I imagine they'd both be 13m+ anyway.

Mertens is the one for me, perfect player for us. Especially if we kept Kev.

Not sold on Mertens really....think we need better or someone who could turn out better

I don't rate players in the Dutch league, it's of such a poor standard. Praet and Tielemans would be good, but I want an experienced playmaker, not someone with potential. I imagine they'd both be 13m+ anyway.

Mertens is the one for me, perfect player for us. Especially if we kept Kev.

Would you consider him on a par or better than other playmakers in the league?

How can you not be sold on Mertens, an established Belgian international who plays regularly for one of the best teams in Italy, yet you want us to sign two unknown kids from Belgium and some kid playing in Holland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back