Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Praet's the one I desperately want this summer, plays the number 10 role perfectly, can only remember a few goals really where Rom's had a ball to run on to (Hull away 13/14, Palace home 14/15 etc) and Praet would be able to thread them type of balls through. Think we missed Osman and Pienaar attempting that last season and hopefully we'll get someone who can provide that sort of service every game.

2 weeks until the start of the season and we still don't have this fabled No. 10 Martinez said he was going to buy.

If we don't have another CB, striker and a no. 10 come the City match I'll be fuming!

Yes, but Liverpool have also lost the two players that carried them so close to the premiership two seasons ago.

There is one thing I admire about Liverpool FC. They always try to have as much power up front as possible. Benteke, Ings and Sturridge is quite impressive.

Yeah but they finished sixth after they sold one of them. That may be decently impressive on paper but in reality Suarez is playing in the CL and the RS are not. Bale is playing in the CL and Spurs are not. Those teams got CL when they had those players; when the players became massive bags of money the CL went up in smoke. Value over replacement is the most important concept in sports that not enough people understand.

Dennis Praet and Ashley Williams would be a fairly amazing piece of business. I'd be fairly happy with that. I know we aren't going to get a goalie (or a backup striker) but I can't stop wanting one.

Praet's the one I desperately want this summer, plays the number 10 role perfectly, can only remember a few goals really where Rom's had a ball to run on to (Hull away 13/14, Palace home 14/15 etc) and Praet would be able to thread them type of balls through. Think we missed Osman and Pienaar attempting that last season and hopefully we'll get someone who can provide that sort of service every game.
Ziyech and Praet for a total of £15m would be so fantastic..

We've signed one winger and everyone thinks we're collecting them FFS. You're all mad.

We were badly short of wingers last season, and we've only replaced Lennon with Deulofeu, so I'd say we need at least one more attacking midfielder/winger.

We currently have Pienaar, Gezza, Mirallas, McGeady and anybody that clueless clown thinks can play on the wing, numbers wise, its probably ok, quality and fitness concerns must be looked at towards McGeady and Pienaar tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back