Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion Mason Holgate is going to be a very good central defender, if he continues in his development as he his, he'll be a premier league players and a decent one at that, he's been playing at right back for us, but he'll be a centre half, to answer the question about have we brought any others through apart from stones and Holgate, Jacob Butterfield is a decent player but that's about it, I regularly watch or U18S & U21S and I'll go out on a limb and say we'll bring through 6/7 good players through in the next couple of years, 17 year old James Bree will take Holgates place if he leaves this summer, and that kid will go to the very top , like stonesy, all these kids coming through now would have been 9/10/11 years old when Leeds entered administration and Wednesday cut back on their spending at youth level, we've got kids from Wakefield Sheffield Doncaster and Rotherham way coming to us because we were investing in youth when others weren't, so we're benefitting now from getting players we otherwise wouldn't have .

They are only running with £34M because Bill told them they'd have to break the record for an English defender to get him. Rio was £33M so they made up a sum just above that.

Ya, that's pretty much it alright but I think it's Mangala that was 33 including add-ons. Rio was slightly less but there or therabouts.

Rio was 29 was he not?
From Wikipedia
On 22 July 2002, Ferdinand joined fellow Premier League side Manchester United on a five-year deal to become the most expensive British footballer in history at the time. The fee included a basic element in the high £20 millions, and some conditional elements, which allowed Leeds to tell their fans that they were selling him for over £30 million.Leeds United later took a single payment in place of all the contingent elements during their financial crisis. The final book value of Ferdinand's contract in Manchester United's accounts was £34 million. This included agents' fees, with Leeds receiving just under £30 million.

Reactions: FTY
In my opinion Mason Holgate is going to be a very good central defender, if he continues in his development as he his, he'll be a premier league players and a decent one at that, he's been playing at right back for us, but he'll be a centre half, to answer the question about have we brought any others through apart from stones and Holgate, Jacob Butterfield is a decent player but that's about it, I regularly watch or U18S & U21S and I'll go out on a limb and say we'll bring through 6/7 good players through in the next couple of years, 17 year old James Bree will take Holgates place if he leaves this summer, and that kid will go to the very top , like stonesy, all these kids coming through now would have been 9/10/11 years old when Leeds entered administration and Wednesday cut back on their spending at youth level, we've got kids from Wakefield Sheffield Doncaster and Rotherham way coming to us because we were investing in youth when others weren't, so we're benefitting now from getting players we otherwise wouldn't have .

Sounds a little bit similar how we are now benefiting from the RS pickingg foreign talent from around the world to go into their acadamy and we got to pick up the best of the local talent as liverpool were not realy to interested in that side of things

Left mid...the Pienaar role.
A no 10 he aint.

I would agree but in the Arsenal game he played there and looked out of place. He looks a lot more comfortable in central areas. Not saying he couldn't do a job at LM, but ideally the playmaker we (may) sign will start there more often than not.

Roberto in the Echo today: “Ross Barkley is the freshest that I have seen him and I am looking forward to seeing him play on Tuesday and the way we want to play, midfield is a very important area and I feel now we have the options we are going to need during the season."

Is he saying Cleverley is our new no.10?

Well at least we can all stop dreaming of a boss number 10 coming in now because it sounds like Martinez has already sorted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back