Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah not too bad, one of them strange weekends, transfers eh? they are like the weather, loads moan about it, but best to just let it happen
We need one of your creative foreign types I think. Bit too much graft in the squad and not enough finesse. And Gareth Barry needs quietly taking round the back and put out of his misery.

They have done better business than Stoke & West Ham in my opinion, who people are saying have done great business but i just can't see it

until payat and the other lad prove themself then not impressed by their deals. Stoke arent stronger yet either.

I talk about newcastle needing to just solidify and gain ground in the league. All the players they are buying are young enough and i believe they have some real talent in the likes of cabella and sissoko. whether it works for them, we will find out this season.

virgil09-239x300.webp
56200897_1-transporte-com-van.webp
Stereotype3.webp

Its okay folks, I am sure if we don't spend much this window, the money will be invested well to fund another massive transfer window or most likely a new stadium...

They have done better business than Stoke & West Ham in my opinion, who people are saying have done great business but i just can't see it

They've bought three unproven players in. Two of whom who are coming in from Belgium at aged 20. It's great to buy potential if you have enough quality in the squad to allow for these lads to be phased in.

They are however appalling, and I'd imagine we will see one out of the three of them perform to standard I'd perceive to be even half decent.

The people proclaiming West Ham, Stoke or Newcastle to have done great business are wrong. Now, Crystal Palace on the other hand....

you do realise martinez doesnt control the transfer budget?

Martinez will have money mate he just loves his favorites and/or is too blind to see our midfield has zero creativity.

Do you really believe if Martinez was handed £10 million and told "sign a creative midfielder but it means keeping Barry and/or Cleverly on the bench most games" he would actually go ahead and sign them? No chance he loves Barry too much to drop him and creative playmaker would mean either Barkley dropped deeper which Barry would have to benched (won't happen) or Mirallas leaves and we possibly sign one to play there if he decides to keep Cleverly away from that position (don't hold your breath)

Looks like we will be playing near enough the same team that finished last season were we we're totally played off the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back