Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I'm the eternal optimist but apart from self induced frustration at not signing anyone since we signed Geri, I am not that concerned about the situation. I too have seen far worse, and seen far worse managers and teams. If you look, nobody is doing "that" much business, with the Shoite and Manure being the exceptions. ( I know some pedant will post a list of all summer transfers now !) To that end, I genuinely believe that the whole Stones/Lukaku/Mirallas/McCarthy situations are driven by either agents and/or lazy journos as there is nothing really out there at the moment. Just saying how I see it.

I personally miss signing Jermaine Beckford on a free.

To allow the weepers some perspective on this, can we open up or can you direct me to "The Worst Transfer Day" ever? I'd imagine we've had some doozies not only because of who we did not buy or lost, but also because of having to watch other teams get great players in.

Best transfer day ever I was on the roof of a hotel in Cairo studying an English paper I'd picked up as I had nothing else to read and one paragraph in the sports section simply stated 'Everton have sign Marco Materazzi, Olivier Dacourt and Ibrahim Bakayoko'. Just pure exotic joy.

Best transfer day ever I was on the roof of a hotel in Cairo studying an English paper I'd picked up as I had nothing else to read and one paragraph in the sports section simply stated 'Everton have sign Marco Materazzi, Olivier Dacourt and Ibrahim Bakayoko'. Just pure exotic joy.

'Back-of-the-Echo'

Martinez: "So maybe we need one new face in at centre-half and then, in another position, we will still be lightweight and will wait as long as we can to select the right person.”

The fume will continue for another month yet, before the deadline day signing of our brand new number ten, Aaron Lennon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back