Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
£10m for Van Dijk (a back up CB for the time being) sounds expensive when our midfield/attack is bereft of creativity.

I am only partly messing. Of course not all players from Scotland will be awful. But there has been a lot that have been. There's a definite risk in it.

It can't be good playing against Raith Rovers every week, then to facing Arsenal can it?!
Quite true sire , theres always a risk.Theres also a lot of dross English players turn out against Arsenal week in week out.
Having said that we've done reasonably well with players from so called lesser leagues.Cahill Coleman spring to mind
& some like Heitinga from a better standard not so well.But yes theres a risk as with all new signings.

Apparently Stoke have signed 8 players this window. We have signed 2 players who already played for Martinez, so for me don't really count as signings. When are we going to make a real proper signing ?

8 players? Yes.

Anyone who would get into our starting XI? No.

Behave.

Quite true sire , theres always a risk.Theres also a lot of dross English players turn out against Arsenal week in week out.
Having said that we've done reasonably well with players from so called lesser leagues.Cahill Coleman spring to mind
& some like Heitinga from a better standard not so well.But yes theres a risk as with all new signings.

The Scottish premiership is not a lesser league, it's a joke of a league.

I see more skill from a group of kids playing hungry hippos by smacking the crap out of the game then watching the dross of a Scottish game.

Morning.

As I said the other day, it's still July. The window heats up in August. If it get's to the end of August and the club have spent next to nothing, then yes we can act like whoppers.

the thing is with gibson, as bad as his injury record is for us and it certainly doesnt fill u with hope for his future playing time, when the lad does get on the pitch he is that only ray of light that u pray shows bobby what were missing in the centre, in a perfect world as i doubt their will b a knew gibson signing bobby will b telling cleverley that this is what we want from him, but we can hope! do i think cleverley could fill this role, well i’d like to see him given that chance but then a miracle cure for gibson and i’d b much more happy

Morning.

As I said the other day, it's still July. The window heats up in August. If it get's to the end of August and the club have spent next to nothing, then yes we can act like whoppers.

Season starts in less than two weeks though so any signings now have missed our preseason. The starting 11 is virtually the same team who came 11th last season. If we do make signings we'll throw away points in the first few games whilst they settle. If we'd secured Lukaku early in the window in 13/14 we might have come fourth. Don't know why we leave it late every single window always trying to pay as little as possible and hoping some desperate player at a club will force through a move at a lower price for us in the last few hours of the window.

The Scottish premiership is not a lesser league, it's a joke of a league.

I see more skill from a group of kids playing hungry hippos by smacking the crap out of the game then watching the dross of a Scottish game.
Wasnt trying to defend the Scotish prem fella its certainly not worth defending.
Doesnt mean every player thats ever played there is dross tho.

worst case scenario: rom, stones, kev & Mc all leave for combined total of 90-120M with no time to spend it.

best case. lose no players and we get a CB & CAM (number ten)

likely scenario "we go with what we got"

Season starts in less than two weeks though so any signings now have missed our preseason. The starting 11 is virtually the same team who came 11th last season. If we do make signings we'll throw away points in the first few games whilst they settle. If we'd secured Lukaku early in the window in 13/14 we might have come fourth. Don't know why we leave it late every single window always trying to pay as little as possible and hoping some desperate player at a club will force through a move at a lower price for us in the last few hours of the window.

You've answered your own question there mate.

"2 players who already played for Martinez" think he means cleverly and deulofeu, not lukaku
I know, and my point is..are we also not counting Lukaku as a signing then? It's a daft thing to say, Cleverley has never played for Everton for starters...so of course it's a signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back