Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article tries to read too much into what John Collins said - "Would it be difficult to keep him if we don’t make the Champions League? Probably. But hopefully we won’t have to deal with that scenario."

If Van Dijk wants to come to Everton I wouldn't imagine Celtic's CL progress would be a crucial factor. It's more likely that we're delaying our bid so as not to give Chelsea any encouragement to come back in for Stones.
I don't think Chelsea would give a stuff if we have any cover/replacement or not. If they really want him they'll put in an acceptable bid.

BARCA LINE UP PEDRO REPLACEMENT

Barcelona could look to re-sign Nolito ifPedro ends up leaving the club forManchester United, reports Mundo Deportivo.

United, according to reports, are inching closer to a €32.5m deal for Pedro, whose first-team role at the Camp Nou diminished last season following the arrival of former Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.

Now Mundo Deportivo reports that they have already lined up Nolito as a potential replacement for Pedro.

The 28-year-old, who worked with Barca boss Luis Enrique during his time in charge of Celta.is under contract until 2019, but he could re-join Barcelona for €18m, the value of his buyout clause.

:(
*wipes away tear*

It'd be good to get someone in before the start of the season but I'm not really fussed anymore to be honest. Those saying "they've missed pre-season" need to remember that yes, they've missed a few weeks sweating their flaps off in Singapore/shivering in Scotland but they'll still have had a pre-season at their club so they'll still be match fit and can slot right in.

The press have already decided we're going to sell Stones, so that will be a factor in any of their subsequent reporting. People need to see through this.

The reality is that the club want to keep, and can afford to keep Stones moving forwards - so any new centre half coming in will be to accompany the current pairing and act as a buffer from us having to throw the youngsters straight into the fray. As I mentioned, and others have pointed out; there will be rotation (Distin & Alcaraz made about 30 appearances between them last season) and as good as Stones is, he is not the finished article as yet so we need both competition and cover in equal parts.

If we are to make a move for Vvan Dijk then we aren't going to be competing with the clubs who the press are keen to place us into 'transfer battles' with. West Ham & Southampton are both in Europa League action, van Dijk is cup tied thanks to his appearances in ECL Qualifying. There may well be some credence in the rumour, however I have a gut feeling that Jonny Evans (cheaper, more experience) will be the main target.

It'd be good to get someone in before the start of the season but I'm not really fussed anymore to be honest. Those saying "they've missed pre-season" need to remember that yes, they've missed a few weeks sweating their flaps off in Singapore/shivering in Scotland but they'll still have had a pre-season at their club so they'll still be match fit and can slot right in.
I disagree,

It's also about team bonding, getting used to certain plays and tactics. It's a big plus getting players in early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back