Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much wrong having another player scoring 10 goals a season

True but I think people just latch on to the Nolito bandwagon because they saw him play against us in pre season. I don't think another Mirallas type player is exactly what we need, and at that price and at 28 years old there's better options out there for me.

It's really amazing how little clue anyone has as to who we might be after for our playmaker. This is a signing that has been touted as a major priority since before the end of the season and yet no one has the slightest idea who we might be after. It's just so unusual.

It's really amazing how little clue anyone has as to who we might be after for our playmaker. This is a signing that has been touted as a major priority since before the end of the season and yet no one has the slightest idea who we might be after. It's just so unusual.

Is it though ? Most of the time we don't know who our transfer targets are until we actually have a bid accepted. Lukaku last year was the exception to this. So when we're linked with players (which does still happen occasionally) you never really know (a) whether we're really interested and (b) whether we're interested enough to bid some real money.

Is it though ? Most of the time we don't know who our transfer targets are until we actually put in a bid. Lukaku last year was the exception to this. So when we're linked with players (which does still happen occasionally) you never really know (a) whether we're really interested and (b) whether we're interested enough to bid some real money.

I think it's more because they're aren't actually that many players out there that are like the one's we're looking to bring in. The nearest are Mertens and Praet. Shaqiri - though I would be chuffed with him as a signing - is not a playmaker.

Anyone else think we might actually be boss at tranfers;

Chester = 8mill
Wickham = 10 mill
Aston Villa no hopers = 32 mill
Stoke mega squad = 1billion

Vs

Delefou
Cleverly = 4 mill

Forza Everton.

Personally, think we are just not going to be ripped off. We are actively looking for a CB (Ogbonn proves that) and Martinez hasn't hidden about trying to find a number 10. IMO we will sign 2 players, more if players leave.

For those with more experience following these windows:

I've seen the Martinez comments about bringing players in later in the window. Is that generally good, bad, or a mixed bag from a financial point of view?

On one hand, I can see getting good deals at the very last minute, esp. for players that other clubs want to unload. Lennon, for example. I'd imagine Spurs would be willing to let him go for whatever they can get as the window closes so that they don't end up paying his wages to sit and wait until he can leave for free when his contract is up.

But on the other hand, I can see clubs really turning the screws at the very end of the window. For example, if they know we're desperate for a CB and we are negotiating at the very last minute, I can see them bumping up the fee just because they know we'd be in a position where we'd not be in much position to bargain.

Just curious. I'll retreat to my gin now. Thanks.

EVERTON are set to slap in a bid for £10 million- rated Celtic stopper Virgil van Dijk after another scouting mission.

SunSport understands Toffees boss Roberto Martinez had a representative in the Parkhead stand for the 1-0 win over Qarabag which took the Hoops closer to a Champions League play-off place.

And van Dijk was outstanding.

Now Martinez — whose interest in the Dutchman was revealed by us on July 25 — is keen to up the ante as he searches for two new centre backs ahead of the English Premier kick-off on August 8.

Celtic have made it clear they have no interest in selling van Dijk who is under contract until 2017 — at least not until their Champions League fate is known.

However, Hoops No2 John Collins made it clear at the start of the week the club would find it difficult to keep the 24-year-old if they couldn’t offer him European football.

EVERTON are set to slap in a bid for £10 million- rated Celtic stopper Virgil van Dijk after another scouting mission.

SunSport understands Toffees boss Roberto Martinez had a representative in the Parkhead stand for the 1-0 win over Qarabag which took the Hoops closer to a Champions League play-off place.

Now Martinez — whose interest in the Dutchman was revealed by us on July 25 — is keen to up the ante as he searches for two new centre backs ahead of the English Premier kick-off on August 8.

Celtic have made it clear they have no interest in selling van Dijk who is under contract until 2017 — at least not until their Champions League fate is known.

However, Hoops No2 John Collins made it clear at the start of the week the club would find it difficult to keep the 24-year-old if they couldn’t offer him European football.
Oh Sweet Lord....why can't these morons understand...Stone is Not.For.Sale!

Stopped reading after the first line, you know a paper is a joke when they say "slap in a bid". What does that even mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back