Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but I think people just latch on to the Nolito bandwagon because they saw him play against us in pre season. I don't think another Mirallas type player is exactly what we need, and at that price and at 28 years old there's better options out there for me.
Seconded. Simply too pricey for a chap who's older than Mirallas and has been quoted as saying he doesn't want to come to the Prem because the temperature, the weather and the food are not to his liking.

Anyone else think we might actually be boss at tranfers;

Chester = 8mill
Wickham = 10 mill
Aston Villa no hopers = 32 mill
Stoke mega squad = 1billion

Vs

Delefou
Cleverly = 4 mill

Forza Everton.
At this point, I'm happier with our transfer dealings than I would be if I was a fan of Stoke or Villa! I can understand why fellow blues are getting anxious though. The squad lacks depth in several areas, we have some poor-quality shirtfillers sucking up wages and the injuries are starting to pile up again. We do need some new faces, even if they are just loans.

No way will the club reject a bid over 32 milloon
With Swansea putting a £25m price tag on Ashley Williams? With Luke Shaw going for £32m a while back? With the likes of Scott Dann and Jonny Evans being valued at £8m?

The market is setting Stones' value at more than £40m IMHO. But I would even refuse a bid at that level, because we need young English players too.

We got good money for lescott and rodwell.
Jeffers and ferguson was a different time and different board.
Rooney was a lot of money at the time too and we were financialy on our bum.

I repeat 27 for fellaini, 27 for lescott, 12 for johnson.
Hell il even throw the 15mil for rodwell in their. Plus we got good money for anichebe and jelavic.
One thing this board does well is get as much as possible for their players
All very good points. In fact, the last time I was annoyed at getting a poor fee for an outgoing player was when Arsenal gave us £10m for Arteta... and in retrospect, it doesn't actually look like that was a poor bit of business either.

Seconded. Simply too pricey for a chap who's older than Mirallas and has been quoted as saying he doesn't want to come to the Prem because the temperature, the weather and the food are not to his liking.
That's a bit harsh on Nolito. If I remember his quote correctly he said that he had everything he needed at Celta and wasn't greedy and wouldn't need any more money. I think he also mentioned the climate !

With Swansea putting a £25m price tag on Ashley Williams? With Luke Shaw going for £32m a while back? With the likes of Scott Dann and Jonny Evans being valued at £8m?

The market is setting Stones' value at more than £40m IMHO. But I would even refuse a bid at that level, because we need young English players too.
yeah, but our board still live in the early 90s with the value of our commercial/sponsorship deals so why should transfers dealings be any different?

Crystal Palace getting Wickham in for £9m. We're now being outspent massively by Crystal Palace, a team that finished above us, whilst we flounder in the bargain basement. This is an absolute pathetic attempt by this board.

I hope the rumours of the plane flying around Goodison on the opening day are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back