Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal Palace getting Wickham in for £9m. We're now being outspent massively by Crystal Palace, a team that finished above us, whilst we flounder in the bargain basement. This is an absolute pathetic attempt by this board.

I hope the rumours of the plane flying around Goodison on the opening day are true.
What's the plane going to do ? Parachute in our 3 new signings ?

That's a bit harsh on Nolito. If I remember his quote correctly he said that he had everything he needed at Celta and wasn't greedy and wouldn't need any more money. I think he also mentioned the climate !
Sorry! I didn't mean it to sound harsh. He's a lad used to far warmer weather and I actually thought his comments were completely reasonable. He was remarkably self-aware with his comments about not needing more money too - quite a surprising, and pleasing, comment from a modern footballer.

yeah, but our board still live in the early 90s with the value of our commercial/sponsorship deals so why should transfers dealings be any different?
As pointed out earlier in the thread, this board got £27m for Felli, £7.5m for Jelavic and £7m for Anichebe... and £15m for Rodwell. They're actually quite good at getting decent money for outgoing players.

Hopefully though, we will still refuse to sell Stones. If we NEED money, then McCarthy is the most replaceable asset we have IMHO.

Crystal Palace getting Wickham in for £9m. We're now being outspent massively by Crystal Palace, a team that finished above us, whilst we flounder in the bargain basement. This is an absolute pathetic attempt by this board.

I hope the rumours of the plane flying around Goodison on the opening day are true.

Connor Wickham? That's right up there as one of the worst deals I've ever seen.

Congratulations, Sunderland, if it's true.

I don't because it will look ridiculous. And we've bought two players in and will look to bring more. Stop worrying about other teams.

Think he's alright tbf. Big quick can finish. They need a target man as Murray isn't Prem standard and Chamakh has a broken haircut.

Unless Kone's onboard enroute to...... well anywhere then I'm not keen on seeing any planes over Goodison personally.

True, the only thing worse than not spending is buying absolute garbage for decent money. The only decent player I've thought we missed out on was Cabaye but that's just personal taste, most of the rest that the prem clubs outside of the top are buying have been absolutely rubbish. If a team had bought Deulofeu for 4 mill then we would have been fuming!

Stones stays
We get Evans, Nolito, Dembele.

How does it sound?

Great .Apart from the fact that would mean us spending upwards of 20 mil without sales, which won't happen. Think it'll be a while before we have a summer net spend comparable to last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back