Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it'll have to be a solid player who's been around. I've said the idea of buying a Scott Dann for £10million is insane but a player like him for half that would work.

To me it'd be someone similar to Huth, Dawson etc (not them obviously) but someone who's just solid, late 20's, been around, not worth much, will do a job.

'Curtis Davies likes this.'

But yeh, I think that would be fine as long as they're decent and not Alcaraz.

I think the priorities now have to be a No.10 and a forward. If RM can't see we need another striker we're in trouble.

Every game this pre-season has proved what we need.

Playmaker
Striker
Centre Half

Now is the time to start making some proper moves again in the market. I'm hopeful we'll get one of these three in the next two weeks (if not in time for Watford then definitely Sotton). I can see us getting two in the last week.

I would even suggest another winger.

Browning looks good enough to be cover for Stones and Jags imo, I would rather we use that £8 mil or so we bid for Ogbonna to go towards a striker as Kone and Naismith are awful man

Question will be whether the board will act if the manager is not good enough? If we come 11th again this season and Stones McCarthy and Lukaku are firmly in the shop window, will the board accept this isn't good enough and get someone else in or is avoiding relegation their minimal standard?

bigger question mate is if we do and sell those players, is that us as a top club over until the next David moves arrives?

We're in desperate need of a squad refresh, Howard, Barry, Naismith and Kone are the ones to be sacrificed in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back