Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me we're waiting for the end of the window to try and get the deals, the bargains and thats an incredibly risky game to play. Especially with our injury luck and our start to the Season.

I accept someone like Lennon will be towards the deadline, no qualms with that, swerve paying £7m for him now.

But positions like CB and ST need to be filled now and not at the end of the window.

Yep I'd at least sleep a lot easier if he said our targets are identified ( without naming names ) and we are in dialogue to acquire those targets.

" Koulibaly had his struggles at times down the stretch last season, especially after Rafael Benitez benched him for no apparent reason, he is Napoli's most important defender. He routinely bossed games single-handedly on the back line, and took a number of very good strikers completely out of matches. His potential is still quite high compared to what we've seen, and losing him would be a huge blow to a defensive unit that cannot afford such a loss.

That said, it does make sense that if anyone would want Koulibaly, it'd be Everton -- right now, they only have two senior center backs in their squad, and Chelsea are on a relentless quest to sign one of them, English up-and-coming star John Stones. They desperately need to add depth and quality at the back, and Koulibaly is definitely the kind of player that their manager, Roberto Martinez, quite likes and would want to add to his team.

You would imagine that, under the circumstances and with Everton holding quite a lot of cash thanks to England's ridiculous TV deals, they could wrest a healthy fee from the Blues. If they can get a hefty profit on last summer's purchase of Koulibaly and flip it into two more good defenders, it could be a defensible deal to make -- but the preference would easily me to not sell Koulibaly and use other money to bring in another defender.

Please don't make this deal, Napoli. Don't take our Kalidou away from us. You need him, the fans need him, the world needs him. Make the right decision. "

Well at least one Napoli fan seems to rate the guy.

i'd actually rather have ferguson come out of retirement for six months than play kone.

Is it insane to think that registering him as a player isnt the stupidest thing we have ever done? Based on 10 minutes in a friendly, probably, but lads at the game have been saying he carried a threat, did more than Kone did, and was fit. For 10-15 minutes bursts,.... am I on crack?

b3e892a3ea9b6bf6fa3afbbf840e4f2f.png

QQeZcZL.gif

fbc5076196acc9b441b387610bc1c5cd.png

3ZPFFuh.gif

9e79491744010fc5292ff67b45a06368.png

hd7rC6V.gif

article-0-128E3A4C000005DC-82_468x286.jpg

b6fyd3w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back