Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we could add quality in these 3 positions I think it will make a world of difference. My worry is that 3 players on top of what we already have is a big squad, expensive and difficult to give everyone enough minutes to stay happy. Would like to see us shift some dead wood, any of Kone, McGeady, Naismith, Gibson, Pienaar, Barry, Hibbert, Osman I could live without (would add Joel and Howard to that list too but they would require replacing)

Thats the first time he's openly said he wants a striker. Just a few months back he was adamant he didnt need/want one and was willing to give Kone time and a chance. Looks to me that preseason has completely changed his mind and he might have realised that Kone really isnt up to it.
Given that he sold Long then you'd assume that someone has been tagged

Is it insane to think that registering him as a player isnt the stupidest thing we have ever done? Based on 10 minutes in a friendly, probably, but lads at the game have been saying he carried a threat, did more than Kone did, and was fit. For 10-15 minutes bursts,.... am I on crack?
It's not completely insane, if he could build up his fitness he could maybe impact a game with 10 minutes to go if we had absolutely no one else.

He is still better than Kone, that's because he has more natural ability and is a lot better at doing things than Kone can be.

Unfortunately i think he's just a BIT too past it now, but maybe 3-4 years ago yeah we could have done.

It does show the importance of a getting someone else in, and in fact more so.. the striker should be someone in the mould of Duncan, because him in his prime... in this team.. would be brilliant.

Is it insane to think that registering him as a player isnt the stupidest thing we have ever done? Based on 10 minutes in a friendly, probably, but lads at the game have been saying he carried a threat, did more than Kone did, and was fit. For 10-15 minutes bursts,.... am I on crack?
Oh and by the way, the lads from Villareal didn't slow down just because he came on, infact they got worried by his presence, Ferguson knew exactly which defender to play off of and it worried the center half, but they were taking it very seriously, just like he was a player.

Oh and by the way, the lads from Villareal didn't slow down just because he came on, infact they got worried by his presence, Ferguson knew exactly which defender to play off of and it worried the center half, but they were taking it very seriously, just like he was a player.

I would throw in a cheeky bid for Fellaini. Someone who we can mix it up with a bit like him.

I wonder if there was anything in that rumour on friday about Rondon some south american guy was saying we had bid for him. The number 10 is going to be hard to find, as Roberto was talking about being able to stand up to the premier league. As we know most number 10s are small wispy lads, my choice is still Ziyech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back