Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what, id take a chance on Pato me you know.
Spending a decent amount of money on a backup striker probably wont happen, and Pato is available for a few bob.

If you can keep him fit and get him back into decent enough form he'll slot for you. He's an improvement on Kone and Naismith and is proven quality and only 25yrs old.

Christ, you know it's been a slow transfer window when we're all considering the prospect of Dunc coming out of retirement.

It was more of a musing than a silver bullet mate. I thought he would come on, walk about, it would be staged that he got a goal/penalty, and that would be that. But lads are saying he played well, in a pretty competetive 10-15 minutes. So I thought registering him, like, as an option/emergency, might not be as daft as it sounded at 3.00pm today.

You know what, id take a chance on Pato me you know.
Spending a decent amount of money on a backup striker probably wont happen, and Pato is available for a few bob.

If you can keep him fit and get him back into decent enough form he'll slot for you. He's an improvement on Kone and Naismith and is proven quality and only 25yrs old.

Easy to forget he's only 25. Maybe a player who came through too early and will reach his best later on.

We've ran out of wingers it seems due to injury so I'm sure there's another one looming aka Lennon

Lennon is a guaranteed deadline day signing.
Its easier to deal with the loss of a winger or wingers than it is to lose your best striker, especially when your backup is as poor as ours.

Losing wingers can result in a change of system or formation and with the central players we have, a 4-4-2 diamond would be something we could play and still cope IMO.

Losing Lukaku and having to play Naismith or Kone causes more problems than it solves.

Lennon is a guaranteed deadline day signing.
Its easier to deal with the loss of a winger or wingers than it is to lose your best striker, especially when your backup is as poor as ours.

Losing wingers can result in a change of system or formation and with the central players we have, a 4-4-2 diamond would be something we could play and still cope IMO.

Losing Lukaku and having to play Naismith or Kone causes more problems than it solves.

Totally agree regarding the striker department, though for the wings I don't think Martinez is ever going to stop putting square pegs into round holes as seen today with players who are probably better suited in the middle being shoved out wide.
With our luck with injuries I would stock pile another 3 wingers to be safe ;)

It's not completely insane, if he could build up his fitness he could maybe impact a game with 10 minutes to go if we had absolutely no one else.

He is still better than Kone, that's because he has more natural ability and is a lot better at doing things than Kone can be.

Unfortunately i think he's just a BIT too past it now, but maybe 3-4 years ago yeah we could have done.

It does show the importance of a getting someone else in, and in fact more so.. the striker should be someone in the mould of Duncan, because him in his prime... in this team.. would be brilliant.

They don't make them like that anymore. Carrol probably closest thing to him, but nowhere near same aggression. Or feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back