Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
its very difficult to argue with flawed reasoning if its repeated 40 times.

This is it.

Throwing-away-money-GIF.gif

Are we just speculating about Charlie Austin or has there been some sort of rumour?

I'd happily have him here, boss little slotter, and I think playing him upfront with Lukaku could do some serious damage to teams!

However that would mean Martinez having to change his tactics, which I seriously doubt he is about to do.

If we put in a genuine bid of £10m for Austin I would expect he'd be putting in a transfer request to try and join.

Worth a punt? He's never going to be worth less than that.

Bang on. Didnt City offer like £20m odd? Deffo in the driving seat them.

That example is again like stones.

Young. Under 22 years of age. Still time on his contract.

Buyer under pressure. Lacking home grown players.

None of this applies to Everton. Hence no inflated figures.

We looked wholly inadequate today going forward, if we can't raise £15million for a proven premiership forward like Austen (not saying he's the answer) we will struggle this season.

There was no 'conductor' in midfield, and certainly no drive or direction from Kone, he wasn't working the channels, making runs, he was waiting for something to happen.

We must spend now up front and take a risk on the likes of Browning and Galloway to step up if needed.

That example is again like stones.

Young. Under 22 years of age. Still time on his contract.

Buyer under pressure. Lacking home grown players.

None of this applies to Everton. Hence no inflated figures.

So not a buyers market then?

Pleased that el bob has seen the light but cant see us spending big on a second striker. If Rom is fit, Rom plays so my money is on someone like Alberth Elis. Young and hungry beats old and hungry (ramadan).

If you would be so kind as to drive at high speed into Campbell's Corrosive Acid and Javelin factory sometime this week id be most grateful.

At least I wont be broke having overpaid.

Do you pay £10 for half a pint of beer?

Lunacy of the highest order.

I think we cud get hernandez for a reasonable price say 10 mil ? he's better than austin and he can come of the bench and bag ye ok he's injured at the min but by the end of august he'll be fit again

I think we cud get hernandez for a reasonable price say 10 mil ? he's better than austin and he can come of the bench and bag ye ok he's injured at the min but by the end of august he'll be fit again

Don't think Hernandez would like transfering from one bench to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back