Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this trend of "number 10" and whatever. Don't get me started on false 9's or whatever the hell that is.

What's wrong with "attacking mid"? Or even "midfielder"?

Either way, we could do with one lol
False 9 as used excessively by Brendan Rodgers and kopite scruffs.

There's a reason they use those terms and we don't. See also: culpability and blame

Attacking midfielder is too vague. Barkley is an attacking midfielder but not a number 10.

Number 10 refers to a creative player who plays off the striker and plays sexy through balls, deceptive reverse passes and always moves into pockets of space to receive the ball.

Granted you sound like a massive nobhead when you say stuff like that, much like I do now.

Personally, I just say playmaker.
I remember talking about the No 10 when Maradona was playing in the 86 World Cup and comparing him to other great No 10s. It's not a recent term.

The old squad numbering system was much better.

I remember talking about the No 10 when Maradona was playing in the 86 World Cup and comparing him to other great No 10s. It's not a recent term.

The old squad numbering system was much better.

It is. You only mentioned "#10" cos that was Maradonas number.

Or is all we need is Maradona circa 86?

In other words, if Maradona wore 6, or 7, or 8, would you have talked about the #6,#7#8 role?

Doubt it.

maradona-10-argentina-home-jersey-2008.webp

Phew.

It is. You only mentioned "#10" cos that was Maradonas number.

Or is all we need is Maradona circa 86?

In other words, if Maradona wore 6, or 7, or 8, would you have talked about the #6,#7#8 role?

Doubt it.
It wasn't just Maradona's number. It was Pele's, Nico's, Platini's etc

Basically the best players on their team and the ones as kids we all wanted to be.

Did you all not want to wear the No 10?

It wasn't just Maradona's number. It was Pele's, Nico's, Platini's etc

Basically the best players on their team and the ones as kids we all wanted to be.

Did you all not want to wear the No 10?

Ok mate.

The point is, it is a recent thing to label a position on the field as the "Number 10" role. Except you in 1986.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back