Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and if he could do it using the medium of Dance our day will be greatly enriched

tumblr_m8bh6mP1Pn1r324lio1_400.gif

I should have also mentioned that there is no way the fee will be 8m. It should be no higher than4m, but you would really need to know who contributes to his salary to know how good or bad the deal is.

I think it is likely to be no more than 4m as long as Everton pay his full wages.

Why is Evans being discussed lads? Todays link, is it?
Ron.
Nothing special in terms of new links, but he is being talked about today and I think if I were to put money on any player joining Everton this summer it would be him.

Utd need to get some money back into the club.
Evans is not close to being first choice under VG.
They will sell now to stop him walking away for nothing in twelve months as Cleverley did.

I think Evans is a very decent footballer. I think we need to get away from the idea of a new signing being simply a backup to Jagielka and Stones , there will be a rotation during the season which will also involve Browning hopefully.

If we get decent cup runs we will probably play fifty games in a season and many of the players will have internationals to play as well.

The only reservation I have about Evans is his history of getting injured.

I think we should be looking at someone who fills the void of original, athletic Distin (i.e. saving people from their sloppy passes with rapid covering) and maybe even a bit more silk 'n' vision. Those attributes would make a good partnership with either of Jags/Stones strengths at reading the game.

But I think Evans would be ample cover for Jags/Stones - and I'm sure he'd do well. Adds a bit of aerial threat as well I think (haven't seen him play for a while) and played in a few different systems at Man U.

Someone throw us a juicy sportofact link or a scrap of Talksport to get our teeth into. Placate the Gwladys street fume with a jarg twitter offering.

Ron.
Nothing special in terms of new links, but he is being talked about today and I think if I were to put money on any player joining Everton this summer it would be him.

They will sell now to stop him walking away for nothing in twelve months as Cleverley did.

Where's the diMaria money Louis?

Nurturing promising CBs in the environment known to cherish possession football...maybe our new "thingy"...or our new bank? Just thinking out aloud lads.

I think we should be looking at someone who fills the void of original, athletic Distin (i.e. saving people from their sloppy passes with rapid covering) and maybe even a bit more silk 'n' vision. Those attributes would make a good partnership with either of Jags/Stones strengths at reading the game.

But I think Evans would be ample cover for Jags/Stones - and I'm sure he'd do well. Adds a bit of aerial threat as well I think (haven't seen him play for a while) and played in a few different systems at Man U.

Someone throw us a juicy sportofact link or a scrap of Talksport to get our teeth into. Placate the Gwladys street fume with a jarg twitter offering.
Please share something about anyone!
this thread should be renamed the "Transfer Window Fume"

Ron.

I'd happily have Evans here. But Didn't RM explicitly say that he wasn't going to go for Evans.

Suppose he could be lying, like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back