Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could argue they're spoilt watching Messi and Iniesta. The point stands he'd probably be our most creative player. He plays deep and likes to spray it around but can also do a job further forward. He's not David Silva but he'd be an upgrade on any of our current options. A good substitute for Gibson in my mind but with a bit more mobility and flexibility.

The Clev is more creative mate.

I understand your point, we have a side that lacks creativity, but Sergio Roberto is not the answer.

Its like wanting a coffee and settling for tea.

You could argue they're spoilt watching Messi and Iniesta. The point stands he'd probably be our most creative player. He plays deep and likes to spray it around but can also do a job further forward. He's not David Silva but he'd be an upgrade on any of our current options. A good substitute for Gibson in my mind but with a bit more mobility and flexibility.
OK the last thing I will say.

I agree with all of that but he also would allow us to play a proper 4-3-3 and two wingers because defensively he's very strong.

The Clev is more creative mate.

I understand your point, we have a side that lacks creativity, but Sergio Roberto is not the answer.

Its like wanting a coffee and settling for tea.
If we needed crab we'd order bisque.
But we don't. We need a creative player who creates space and chances for other players, and as such goals.

People who think Jonny Evans isn't good enough for us need their head wobbled.

He's consistently played in a top 4 side which we currently are not.

While there are loads of examples of poo players playing in good teams, I think Evans is decent.

It's just his injury record that concerns me.

but we cant keep clean sheets

upload_2015-8-4_16-26-10.webp

People who think Jonny Evans isn't good enough for us need their head wobbled.

He's consistently played in a top 4 side which we currently are not.

Whilst some of this may be true, did you not always think we had a better chance against United when Evans was playing? I know I did.

We cannot keep clean sheets for good reasons. Jags for a CB is not brilliant in the air then you have Coleman and Baines of whom are also weak in the air....added to that a keeper who cannot command his box. We are vunerable to set pieces and crosses coming in the box. We have also started to defend narrowly meaning we try to protect the box which leaves plenty of space for the oppositions wide men to sling in crosses at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back