Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I know how absolutely pathetic this board we have are, I did not expect to be going into the first game of the season with 2 CB and 1 striker.

How do fans still applaud Kenwright? They are idiots, we have a weak fan base. Other clubs would be having uproar now at the lack of investment.

The lack of investment will only really be worrying if the window slams shut and we're still 3 players short.

After the Eto'o debacle I'm not surprised he's taking his time so much either, last thing he needs is a wobbly (and that's being kind) dressing room again. The only signings so far are two players who he absolutely knows are the 'right characters', theyre the safest signings he could possibly have made.

He knows damn well that the striker, playmaker and centre back all need to be great signings, his job largely depends on it.

Maybe if we'd got there first.

Really? Very much doubt it especially with Ings & Romero

The two players id of liked us to get who I think we could of got (to prove im not just arguing for arguments sake) were Wijnaldum at Newcastle (even though he cost a fair bit) & Fabian Schaar who went to Hoffenheim. But who's not to say we have similar or better players lined up but for one reason or another we have to wait to get hold of them (e.g teams waiting to buy/sell players as replacements, or in the case with Van Dijk, celtic want to keep hold of him to ttry get into champions league)

Really? Very much doubt it especially with Ings & Romero

The two players id of liked us to get who I think we could of got (to prove im not just arguing for arguments sake) were Wijnaldum at Newcastle (even though he cost a fair bit) & Fabian Schaar who went to Hoffenheim. But who's not to say we have similar or better players lined up but for one reason or another we have to wait to get hold of them (e.g teams waiting to buy/sell players as replacements, or in the case with Van Dijk, celtic want to keep hold of him to ttry get into champions league)

Sort of feels like you're making your question just fit your point. But it could be taken in quite a few ways.

Begovic, Mbemba, Wijnaldum, Mitrovic, Clasie, Ayew or Ayew, would have all been realistic targets, not sure how much they would have improved us though as I don't watch foreign footie or play FIFA 15.

To be fair I do actualy agree with these. Point taken

Begovic, Mbemba, Wijnaldum, Mitrovic, Clasie, Ayew or Ayew, would have all been realistic targets, not sure how much they would have improved us though as I don't watch foreign footie or play FIFA 15.

It's not out of the ordinary to think a few new players might actually improve us and lift us up from the dizzy heights of 11th is it mate? But i'm like you, I don't know how good those players are, but Martinez should as he is getting paid a massive salary for knowing his shizzle!

Payet unproven and over paid for
Cabaye, we already have 80 centre mids plus 10million for a player his age and temperament is questionible.
Ings will end up costing 9 million (could we afford that with a centre back n no.10 needed)
Romero no one knows what he is actualy like
Aldeweirald would of gone southampton if he didnt go spurs and dont think hed be happy 3rd choice

Come on, if we had all those players in now you'd be made up, most on here would be. A deep lying creative mid that's used to the prem, a number 10 who could cover wide, a premier league centreback who's proven his quality and a decent backup striker never mind an international goalkeeper deemed good enough for United. If we'd stumped the cash up early we would have had a good chance for any of these players when you consider the clubs they went to. Obviously Roberto's list might not look like that and I did struggle to find deals that I thought were decent value and would improve is but its not as though there's been no good moves from anyone in the league. Others have improved, we haven't yet.

Wijnaldum, Clasie, Mitrovic, Romero and Schar would probably be my top five picks that have moved. Especially Schar, more so because he is proven, young, and were desperate for a 3rd choice, dare i say it maybe he could of been first or second, who we dropped would be a welcome headache to bobby.

On the market now i would take a gamble on Gourcuff for the attacking midfield cover.
Centre half wise, van dijk seems like flavour of the month.
Also need a left sided, possibly left footed player depending on mirallas and delboy staying fit.

Reminds me of christmas time, shopping list at the ready looking through the toy section in argos, or in our case - Lidl.

Here's a thought.....

Look at our 'best' 11 from 2013/14

Look at our 'best' 11 now.

Is it any different? Cleverley maybe in there perhaps.

That's not a good way to be for me.

Yep, standing still whilst those around evolve, a bit like the stadium move etc etc.....we really are so hamstrung with these owners, amazing we have stayed in the premier league to be honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back