Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a thought.....

Look at our 'best' 11 from 2013/14

Look at our 'best' 11 now.

Is it any different? Cleverley maybe in there perhaps.

That's not a good way to be for me.

Well that 11 got us to 5th like, so I wouldn't mind so much.

But we do need three signings, and we will get them in. Probably later than most people would like but they'll arrive. Hopefully we can get one or two in the next two weeks, but I'd imagine we'll do a lot of business in the last week.

It is true. Are any of them ayers Premier League standard yet? You're kidding yourself if you think they are. Don't get me started on Kone.

But that's not what you said. You said we had only 2 CB and 1 striker, no mention of being PL standard. Anyway I rate Browning highly and would have no problem if he played, same with Galloway just not together. If they have a more experienced head next to them I wouldn't be too alarmed. I agree Kone isn't great but he is still a striker, in the most loosest term possible.

Come on, if we had all those players in now you'd be made up, most on here would be. A deep lying creative mid that's used to the prem, a number 10 who could cover wide, a premier league centreback who's proven his quality and a decent backup striker never mind an international goalkeeper deemed good enough for United. If we'd stumped the cash up early we would have had a good chance for any of these players when you consider the clubs they went to. Obviously Roberto's list might not look like that and I did struggle to find deals that I thought were decent value and would improve is but its not as though there's been no good moves from anyone in the league. Others have improved, we haven't yet.

Is that not why football is one of the most talked about things in the world as it divides opinion ridiculously?
You may rate someone like Payet, I personally don't, I might rate a player you don't.
One thing that dosent divide opinion though is Kone
Everyone knows hes pants

Here's a thought.....

Look at our 'best' 11 from 2013/14

Look at our 'best' 11 now.

Is it any different? Cleverley maybe in there perhaps.

That's not a good way to be for me.

8 of our 11 would get into every team below the top 6 though as well we need to remember that.
But I can see why you point out the frustration as we are not far off having a very very good starting xi with the right move here and there.
I once bought my brother a box set for Christmas for about £60 early December , went into HMV on Christmas Eve and they were selling it for £30

One thing that dosent divide opinion though is Kone
Everyone knows hes pants

I think the general consensus is that Kone ain't that good. He is arguably the worst forward we've had since the days of Bernie Wright... quite what Harry Catterick saw in him still baffles me to this day.

I think the general consensus is that Kone ain't that good. He is arguably the worst forward we've had since the days of Bernie Wright... quite what Harry Catterick saw in him still baffles me to this day.
People always forget about john spencer when thinking about our worst forwards ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back