Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than totally unsubstantiated rumours of interest in Evans, Williams and/or van Dijk, does anybody have any genuine idea of who a target No.10 might be, or a target forward ??

Think we should all be prepared for Stones to go. We need signings, and I strongly doubt there's much, if any, money for Martinez to work with. He desperately wants to keep Stones but also knows we HAVE to add to the squad. Chelsea will bid 30m this week, we'll reject. They'll bid 34m+ next week, we'll accept. Once Stones is gone, guarantee there'll be news of us lining up moves for players. We'll probably get 1 or 2 in before deadline day, then another 2-3 on deadline day.

lennons never been a 'back up' option, it's just a different transfer tactic with him, to get him for cheaper nearer the end of the window. He's already had chances to leave for someone else, but wants to come to us.

Exactly this.
Spurs have
Now should be the time to offer £9.5 million for VVD, Celtic have qualified, but will be massive outsiders to get through the group stage... make the offer now !!

They haven't qualified. Still got play off round haven't they. .same as UTD ?

btw - Anyone who thinks Payet is going to be a flop I wouldn't get your hopes up.

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...acted-to-dimitri-payets-performance-versus-w/

But not to worry we have Naismith, Osman and Cleverly. Sometimes a player is worth the money.
Doesn't mean you're right. Or wrong. We won't find out till the end of the season so stop going on about it.

btw - Anyone who thinks Payet is going to be a flop I wouldn't get your hopes up.

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...acted-to-dimitri-payets-performance-versus-w/

But not to worry we have Naismith, Osman and Cleverly. Sometimes a player is worth the money.

What has this got to do with Everton? He's a West Ham player - we didn't buy him. Move on.

Why are people blaming Martinez? We either have no money, which isn't his fault or he's waiting to get his targets rather than buying for the sake of it. If we end the window without any real enforcements then fair enough. He said we would have to wait at the start of summer.

Would people rather we buy medocrity in abundance like Villa?
I think the worry is that he said he had targets identified a while back. If they were identified, why haven't we moved before the season to get them integrated?

If we're waiting for financial reasons then fair enough. I just fear we've missed out on a few of our targets and we're now scrambling to try and find proper replacements.

Terrific.
So with less than three days to the start of the season, the sum of our squad activity was see-ya to Alcatraz and Buzz, take care to Garbutt at Fulham and welcome to Cleverley for nowt and Duelofeu for next to nothing in comparison to other barm pot transfer fees ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back