Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when it's Moyes it's "Dithering Davey" but when it's Martinez it's the goodison tea lady? Come on pal have a day off the money is there Ogbonna confirmed that, this fella we have as manager is the one peeing around.
It doesn't matter what manager comes in we won't be able to do our business early. If you want to do your business early you need to be prepared to spend over the odds either on the transfer or the wages. As a club we don't do that and normally it works to our advantage. There might be some business that's possible but generally it will go down to deadline day.

Once again, does Martinez sit there and broker the deals himself?

What does ogbongna prove? Other than we had an interest.

It's been the same for years waiting lat minute, why do you think it's any different now

There looks to be no talks going on regarding any deals, transfers very rarely go through unnoticed these days their is always some media news regarding potential moves, like I said after last season's disaster the clown should have had our business sorted as early as possible especially regarding the playmaker situation, the Kopites had a poor season and went out and got what they needed as did arsenal with Cech etc. Whilst our manager thinks saying phenomenal 50 times every interview will see us create chances on the pitch, it's not good enough pal.

Last edited:
btw - Anyone who thinks Payet is going to be a flop I wouldn't get your hopes up.

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...acted-to-dimitri-payets-performance-versus-w/

But not to worry we have Naismith, Osman and Cleverly. Sometimes a player is worth the money.

btw - Anyone who thinks Payet is going to be a flop I wouldn't get your hopes up.

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...acted-to-dimitri-payets-performance-versus-w/

But not to worry we have Naismith, Osman and Cleverly. Sometimes a player is worth the money.

Don't this one still stings, literally everything we needed in a player - and he went to West bloody Ham

....Celtic through, could be the end of van Dijk rumour.

Now should be the time to offer £9.5 million for VVD, Celtic have qualified, but will be massive outsiders to get through the group stage... make the offer now !!

So when it's Moyes it's "Dithering Davey" but when it's Martinez it's the goodison tea lady? Come on pal have a day off the money is there Ogbonna confirmed that, this fella we have as manager is the one peeing around

There looks to be no talks going on regarding any deals, transfers very rarely go through unnoticed these days their is always some media news regarding potential moves, like I said after last season's disaster the clown should have had our business sorted as early as possible especially regarding the playmaker situation, the Kopites had a poor season and went out and got what they needed as did arsenal with Cech etc. Whilst our manager thinks saying phenomenal 50 times every interview will see us create chances on the pitch, it's not good enough pal.
Are you not grasping this, it's no fault of his, all managers have their targets lined up going into a transfer window then it's down to whoever does the dealing for the club to sort it out. I'm sure he'd have wanted all his targets in for preseason but once again it seems like we've been waiting on the tv money to come in this month before we look at doing more buisness

You've clearly got some sort of adgenda against him too, stop trying to bitch and moan at any opportunity

No one else in for Evans even though he's in his last season, either the deal is done or he's as bad as some people say.

Somebody mentioned Austen earlier, is there any basis for that one?

Why are people blaming Martinez? We either have no money, which isn't his fault or he's waiting to get his targets rather than buying for the sake of it. If we end the window without any real enforcements then fair enough. He said we would have to wait at the start of summer.

Would people rather we buy medocrity in abundance like Villa?

waiting until the last minute has never been a manager thing.

It has always been a board request.

As much as i think Martinez scouting system is far inferior to the last one, the waiting thing you can't blame on him really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back