Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst case scenario. If those 3 are out would we win against Watford?

I hate to say it but I'm not sure with Kone, Osman and Naismith leading the line. I don't think we scored once in pre-season with Kone and Naismith on the pitch together including Swindon and the games in Scotland.

Osman doesn't deserve to be classes as similar to Naismith or Kone, if Mirallas and Deulofeu are fit I'd still have Osman in the team.

I dont claim to know the background to every poster on here, but I do know the handful who I trusted to have an inside track are sadly absent these days. I know one or two whose postings I look at closer than most others, but again, that is rarer and rarer as the weeks drag on.

Make of that what you will.

.....come on Roydo, I suspect you know something?

I think I can see how the CB situation will work out now: Stones sold, replacement bought for between £10M - £15M, big fuss made of Galloway and Browning's performances to underline we have cover if Jagielka or the new CB are injured/suspended.

I have a sneaky feeling we may bring one in and get a loan (someone like a Blacket or Zouma).

If he goes I hope we go and buy Van Dijk and Dragovic which would ease the pain somewhat.

I think I can see how the CB situation will work out now: Stones sold, replacement bought for between £10M - £15M, big fuss made of Galloway and Browning's performances to underline we have cover if Jagielka or the new CB are injured/suspended.

I can see CB for around £10m, Jonny Evans for around £7m - question then is will we spend more or just bring in a loan or two further. Surely we wouldn't have a negative net spend this window when all other teams will be spending £10m+ as a minimum?

I dont claim to know the background to every poster on here, but I do know the handful who I trusted to have an inside track are sadly absent these days. I know one or two whose postings I look at closer than most others, but again, that is rarer and rarer as the weeks drag on.

Make of that what you will.

It seems like since Moyes left and Martinez came in several sources of information were cut off. Now there are a few people who might be friendly with an agent or two but that's about it.

Osman doesn't deserve to be classes as similar to Naismith or Kone, if Mirallas and Deulofeu are fit I'd still have Osman in the team.
A couple of seasons ago I probably would too. Now however Osman fades badly in games and doesn't seem to be able to do it consistently. There's times in games when he just goes completely missing.

The reason however I lumped him into that bunch is Mirallas and Deulofeu can create chances. Osman is a tidy player but he needs players around him. Kone and Naismith provide nothing for Osman to work with. The 3 of them together won't create chances never mind about scoring.

I can see CB for around £10m, Jonny Evans for around £7m - question then is will we spend more or just bring in a loan or two further. Surely we wouldn't have a negative net spend this window when all other teams will be spending £10m+ as a minimum?

Tea leaves or crystal ball?

Martinez is Dithering and it will cost us

watwat.gif

...Celtic into the 2nd half of their Champions League game, 0-0 but winning 1-0 on aggregate. Some have hinted the result is a dependency on the Van Dijk transfer happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back