Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to the Chilean Vargas? Seemed wasted at QPR. I just can't see us paying out for Austin, and him choosing is knowing he'd be second choice when he has interest from Newcastle Spurs and Chelsea which would either be first choice or London based. If the QPR link is true, I'm sticking my neck out for Vargas.

As ijjy said he's back at Napoli. Was only on loan. Liked him but I don't think he's the type of striker we need with how we play (usually 1 up top).

As ijjy said he's back at Napoli. Was only on loan. Liked him but I don't think he's the type of striker we need with how we play (usually 1 up top).

Ah shame he's back at Napoli. Saw him more as a link player alongside Rom. I just can't see Austin and Rom playing together (neither would get any service off our midfield anyway)

If we get Austin, who's supposedly available for 15 mil, then honestly I can only see that happening if Stones is off.

Yeh I think we probably have around £15-17mil available as it stands. Lumping all of that on any one of our three targets would probably indicate a sale. Who knows, really though...

Yeh I think we probably have around £15-17mil available as it stands. Lumping all of that on any one of our three targets would probably indicate a sale. Who knows, really though...

Get QPR down to like 11-12 for Austin.

Sign some Spanish CB for 3-4 Million.

Keep ahold of Stones, absolutely laughing.

Ah shame he's back at Napoli. Saw him more as a link player alongside Rom. I just can't see Austin and Rom playing together (neither would get any service off our midfield anyway)

Hmm. Well in the event we did sign Austin I think we'd probably still stick to the same system with 1 up top anyway, at least at first. But Austin is more of a hold up player than Rom, who is a lot better getting in behind.

We're probably not in for Austin anyway.

As for Vargas, he plays as a Striker for Chile, but in a 3-4-3 with Sanchez and another winger (for the life of me I can't remember the usual starter).

Don't think he's cut out to be a striker in the Prem though, more of a wide forward.

Do we still need a new CB?

Assuming Stones stays. Are Galloway and Browning enough for next season. If it means getting in another striker and/or a better playmaker that we would have otherwise then I think we don't.

I really rate Browning. I think he could go on to be almost if not as good as Stones.

Yes we do need it. But not too good. Back up that would push and motivate our younglings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back