Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that the Bd and RM hopefully have in mind is that all the TV money creates a big middle tier in the Premier League. Everton need to differentiate themselves from the middle tier to ensure that we keep sucking from the PL teet, so leveraging a bit of stretch this year (i.e. Austin, and a #10, and a CB) might be in the cards. It's a bit of a gamble, and maybe a tad hopeful, but there is some long-term sense in it

Rondon flew in to England for talks with a PL club and Roberto travelled to London. Anyone think it could be him.

His agent has said "there is a very good offer of a mid-table club in the Premiership. A team with a long history and a big name, but middle of the table".

Apart from the middle of the table thing (not counting last year) he rest sounds like us.
Might be us but probably Villa since the Adebayor deal is falling through.

Cash + Kone for Austin. I dont even see use for Kone as a third choice tbh. Get Austin in, ship Kone out and get a loan in as third choice. Theres your strikers sorted, boxed off.

We won't be signing a striker. Martinez said before the window even opened that he wants a left winger, a no.10 and a defender.

He's clearly given Kone preseason to essentially 'prove' himself and he's done nothing to convince us or the manager that he's good enough.
But yeah, said after Villarreal that he wants a striker, attacking midfielder and a defender.

What did he say?

defender, playmaker and striker. i think he was using the pre-season to see whether he needed another striker and thankfully has come to the conclusion that he does. i can't see it being someone like rondon for a mass amount of money though. if it's something that wasn't a priority a week ago, we're not going to be spending £12m-£15m for that player. our board don't work like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back