Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love that, but can we really see Bobby playing it?

Not every week no. But against the really crap teams at home it has to be something we've got to look at isnt it really.
Cant keep playing 4-2-3-1 every week and shoehorning players into a positions i.e Rom on the wing to accomodate Austin upfront etc.

I think Austin will score loads for us. The amount of times a player gets to the byline and then crosses to between the pen spot and edge of box is ridiculous.

That's the area Austin likes to sit.

Not every week no. But against the really crap teams at home it has to be something we've got to look at isnt it really.
Cant keep playing 4-2-3-1 every week and shoehorning players into a positions i.e Rom on the wing to accomodate Austin upfront etc.
It just looks bad due to the layout but make it a 4-4-2 with Cleverly and Barkley beside McCarthy and it's fine. In fact the formation we play with Naismith partnering Rom and Barkley and Besic against QPR wasn't much different.

I call shenanigans on this Austin rumour. Has there been any credible link other than betting sites enticing us to part with money..shock horror.

I really hope I'm wrong and Austin signs in the next hour!!

As good as it looks, it's far too attacking even against crap teams. For that to work Deulofeu and Mirallas would need to do a lot of defensive legwork. Plus can you imagine us fielding a team without any of Barkley, Cleverley or Barry?

As good as it looks, it's far too attacking even against crap teams. For that to work Deulofeu and Mirallas would need to do a lot of defensive legwork. Plus can you imagine us fielding a team without any of Barkley, Cleverley or Barry?

If it were very attacking and successful, we might not need to do as much defending as we'd be too busy scoring ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back