Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it did happen you'd be looking at almost 50 mill pounds worth of striking 'talent' (Kone is included in this) in our team. Lukaku, Austin, Naismith, Kone. Would we ever have had a more expensive collection of strikers in the prem? What about a better crop of strikers? Certainly not in my memory although on paper Yakubu Saha Anichebe and Vaughan looked better than it was. Ferguson, Campbell Radzinski, Rooney?

Serious rumour junkies on here (me included!!) A non rumour has turned into a possible signing in 3 pages, love it

I would love if we signed him in fairness . Id play the 2 of them and even if Rom was injured hes a good striker on his own. Would not like it to stop us signing a playmaker and CB though as its huge money for us so cant see if happening

BUs tweet is more than a rumour by the looks of it.

Very bold statement in any case and risky when talking about their credibility as a group.

Last edited:
Funny how much we all fancy the exotic signing over the boring one.

I see West Brom are in talks for Rondon with a view to signing him for £15m. Signing him would be properly exciting whilst Austin would just be good. However they are almost the exact same age, Austin would definitely settle (he was happy in Burnley) off the pitch and is proven in the league.

Still we'll get neither and end up with Kone an Nais up front.

I see West Brom are in talks for Rondon with a view to signing him for £15m. Signing him would be properly exciting whilst Austin would just be good. However they are almost the exact same age, Austin would definitely settle (he was happy in Burnley) off the pitch and is proven in the league.

Austin for me. Proven goal scorer in this league.

And if all else fails, he can give Henderson a Stone Cold Stunner in the Derby.

Is Austin actually on though? Feels like jarg no confirmed links are there? And Cleverley is actually somewhat creative- kind of like Osman. Him and Austin I have a feeling would link up well.

Rondon always looks hopeless, I'd be gutted if we spent 15 mill on him. Prices have gone mad. No way this guy or Austin are worth anywhere near 15 mill. Remember when we all thought 12 mill was pricy for Yakubu after seasons of him banging goals in. Austin has done it for one season and he's worth 15 mill? Baffling.

Except it seems everyone would prefer Austin.

i think rondon would flop over here tbh. especially if he's going to play for west brom. mind you, exciting partnership with berahino if he stays.

Rondon always looks hopeless, I'd be gutted if we spent 15 mill on him. Prices have gone mad. No way this guy or Austin are worth anywhere near 15 mill. Remember when we all thought 12 mill was pricy for Yakubu after seasons of him banging goals in. Austin has done it for one season and he's worth 15 mill? Baffling.

Could be worse. Kane has only done it for one season and look at his price tag...

BU saying that Austin is a done deal is a win/win situation for them IMO.

If it comes off, it will boost their credibility.
If it doesn't happen, they will say we wouldn't cough up the cash, Kenwright out etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back