Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we already have....if Shaqiri signs:

Mirallas
Shaqiri
Deulofeu
McGeady
Pienaar

No need for Lennon and we should offload McGeady now and Pienaar will be gone in 12months....so in 12 months we will look very strong there and simply need 1 more addition to have a complete attacking midfield with rotation options.
Definite need for Lennon, far better than McGeady & Pienaar and isn't a sick note like Mirallas and Gerry

Lol at us signing Shaqiri though. More chance of us signing Shakira.

Or Shaquille O'Neal.

Or Maria Sharapova.

You get the point...

If Shaqiri signs (or similar) then we should just see Mirallas, him and Deulofeu there and then McGeady out now and Pienaar next season we would need another winger and a playmaker/passer...

However i'd rather we set our sights higher then Lennon.

Definite need for Lennon, far better than McGeady & Pienaar and isn't a sick note like Mirallas and Gerry

If Shaqiri signs (or similar) then we should just see Mirallas, him and Deulofeu there and then McGeady out now and Pienaar next season we would need another winger and a playmaker/passer...

However i'd rather we set our sights higher then Lennon.
See where you're coming from but I think we'd be far more capable if we had:

Shaqiri, Mirallas, Delefeou and Lennon as our wingers/attackers.

Mcgeady is poop and Pienaar as much as I love him, just isn't fit enough any more (need a direct replacement for him imo)

What other options does he have? The only concrete offer accepted by Inter was from Stoke....we have alot of pulling power with the manager + well known players in the side and strong fanbase.

Also i think Austin isnt a fake rumour and of course will start QPR games until all agreed whether to us or elsewhere...hes definitely leaving QPR.

Were becoming very well known on the continent now with our England players Baines and Jagielka + Barkley, Stones and Lukaku being very well known now, even Deulofeu of course...

Times are changing despite last years poor position...

Lol at us signing Shaqiri though. More chance of us signing Shakira.

Or Shaquille O'Neal.

Or Maria Sharapova.

You get the point...

That's like saying you don't recall Steven Pienaar do a stepover! It's a huge part of his game. He is absolute lightning. A brick sh!thouse too for someone so small.

It's funny you mention that, as I only recall Pienaar doing limpovers on the way to the physio.

Nah, that's why I asked the question. I've only seen Shaqiri play once, and that's while I was busy at work. Cheers to those who answered.

What other options does he have? The only concrete offer accepted by Inter was from Stoke....we have alot of pulling power with the manager + well known players in the side and strong fanbase.

Also i think Austin isnt a fake rumour and of course will start QPR games until all agreed whether to us or elsewhere...hes definitely leaving QPR.

Were becoming very well known on the continent now with our England players Baines and Jagielka + Barkley, Stones and Lukaku being very well known now, even Deulofeu of course...

Times are changing despite last years poor position...

1) Stop putting the quote underneath you Ted. It confuses my eyes.

2) Does anyone seriously believe we'd spent £15m or so on a 2nd choice striker!? Or, even stranger still, play with 2 strikers? The Austin thing is absolute nonsense. Expect a deadline day Lacina Traore style loan.

Its a headache because Jags and Stones would need conpetition not just backup + if we signed someone who took one of their places then would Stones suffer or would our club captain be dropped?

Also would that then stagnate Galloway and Browning....very hard one for Martinez.

A good one hopefully. I miss that brief window of time when we had Jags, Distin and Heitinga all fit and all playing well. A lack of competition does no one any good.

Its a headache because Jags and Stones would need conpetition not just backup + if we signed someone who took one of their places then would Stones suffer or would our club captain be dropped?

Also would that then stagnate Galloway and Browning....very hard one for Martinez.

You can't have two young CBs both getting lots of game time. You need at least 3 seniour CBs, then one can pick up enough appearances, and the other can go out on loan. I'm quite sure that's what Bobby will do.

The issue is which we send out on loan. I'd have thought Galloway was better but Browning was very good in pre season.

Its quite clear Martinez is going for a loan of Shaqiri precisely so he can spend money on a forward...

Note that he has changed stance from not needing a forward to naming that as a key position to strengthen.

It seems clear (at least to me) that hes seen how poor Naismith and Kone have been in preseason and now wants top competition for Lukaku.

He may well make another Traore type loan if things dont go our way with Shaqiri loan and Austin signing but hes not going to be signing a backup...hes going to sign clear competition for Lukaku.

2) Does anyone seriously believe we'd spent £15m or so on a 2nd choice striker!? Or, even stranger still, play with 2 strikers? The Austin thing is absolute nonsense. Expect a deadline day Lacina Traore style loan.

You must be talking to Zat...had to ignore him for it...pleaded with him to change.

Thats right but also look at the sides they play, Jags is really a RCB but being played on the left to accommodate Stones...so only Galloway as a natural LCB and i think Martinez has commented that he may not send him out on loan after all...

Does he:

A-- Loan or sign a stopgap for a season...not likely to find anyone decent.

B-- Sign a top player to compete and see the 2 youngsters really improve over 12 months leaving us 5 centre backs (not to mention Pennington or others too).

C-- Sign another young player which would then leave us with 3 young players able to come into the team enabling 1 or 2 to be loaned out for games...

I suppose also one eye should be on Jagielka whose 33 in about a week...if he can keep going 2 seasons Galloway would still only be 21...id love to see him and Stones as two young first choice centre backs for us but perhaps we do need to sign a LCB at their peak...

You can't have two young CBs both getting lots of game time. You need at least 3 seniour CBs, then one can pick up enough appearances, and the other can go out on loan. I'm quite sure that's what Bobby will do.

The issue is which we send out on loan. I'd have thought Galloway was better but Browning was very good in pre season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back