Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, the only worry for me is how easy Barkley loses possession though, can't see him chasing back after losing the ball.
Does he really lose possession more than say McCarthy playing that position or is this just something you have in your head now?

His pass % was 79% today and McCarthy's was 80% and that's with him playing further forward and probably playing a lot more forward and longer passes.

I don't remember him losing it much while dribbling either.

Edit : Both him and McCarthy were dispossessed once each.

Shame Martinez won't go for Lennon as being honest we only have 2 wingers and both of those are prime candidates for hamstring injuries, and then we have pienaar who's finished and mcgeady who's gash.

Would be nice to still have 2 pacy wingers available when one of Mirallas and Del is out injured.

Sorry, but would take this any day of the week. The money could be spent on three excellent players.

I don't doubt Stones is a great passer and his ball control is excellent. But is he that good defensively? I don't think so, or else why did we ship so many goals last season (baring in mind he was in pretty much all year)?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-evertons-john-stones-6218909? said:
Chelsea will finally land John Stones – if they meet Everton’s £34million valuation.

A public spat has developed between Roberto Martinez and Jose Mourinho – but the Special One could have the last laugh as the Blues are convinced he fancies a switch to Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea have seen two bids turned down of £20m and then £26m but are preparing one final offer for defender Stones.

It is expected to be over £30m – and privately Everton are prepared to concede defeat if they trigger a £34m valuation figure.

Sorry, but would take this any day of the week. The money could be spent on three excellent players.

I don't doubt Stones is a great passer and his ball control is excellent. But is he that good defensively? I don't think so, or else why did we ship so many goals last season (baring in mind he was in pretty much all year)?

He was out for three months, during which (especially over Christmas) we made more defensive errors than any other team in the premier league. I still wake up screaming about that sodding Newcastle game where McGeady seemed determined to run into our own net.

One piece of play today and people are OK with selling him - In the words of a certain Mr. Paisley, never!

Shame Martinez won't go for Lennon as being honest we only have 2 wingers and both of those are prime candidates for hamstring injuries, and then we have pienaar who's finished and mcgeady who's gash.

Would be nice to still have 2 pacy wingers available when one of Mirallas and Del is out injured.

Lennon will come on deadline day I reckon. Is Levy so stubborn with his valuation he will take the man training with the U-21s for the whole season and lose any resale value?

He was out for three months, during which (especially over Christmas) we made more defensive errors than any other team in the premier league. I still wake up screaming about that sodding Newcastle game where McGeady seemed determined to run into our own net.

One piece of play today and people are OK with selling him - In the words of a certain Mr. Paisley, never!

I might invent a special kind of knee-based, fitted harness device. Evertonian knees are clearly prone to jerking rather extremely, so I think there's a niche.

Even though that would leave us with 1 centre back. So whatever money we are allowed to spend would just on centre backs anyway meaning it's a massive waste of time?

Even though that would leave us with 1 centre back. So whatever money we are allowed to spend would just on centre backs anyway meaning it's a massive waste of time?

Don't even bother mate.

Anyone entertaining the notion of selling Stones after he makes a single mistake (as a 21 year old centre back ffs) is either trolling, seriously inebriated or just so far gone into the murky depths of wrongness that you can no longer rescue them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back