Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After finally calming down. Nice to see Bobby turn the screw on the board for 3 signings with his post match comments. Also Ayew, why the frig were we not in for him on a free? looked quality today against Chelsea, direct positive, picked up great positions all over the park and wanted the ball. Was very impressed with swansea full stop actually we need to get these 3 players in to keep ahead of their kind, Stoke, palace, soton etc....

After finally calming down. Nice to see Bobby turn the screw on the board for 3 signings with his post match comments. Also Ayew, why the frig were we not in for him on a free? looked quality today against Chelsea, direct positive, picked up great positions all over the park and wanted the ball. Was very impressed with swansea full stop actually we need to get these 3 players in to keep ahead of their kind, Stoke, palace, soton etc....

Garry Monk is doing a surprisingly good job there. If Ayew is consistent, they might not miss Bony at all.

Anyway let's hope these 3 players turn up before the Southampton game.

Shaquiri rumours gathering momentum
IaLG69W.gif

Lennon will come on deadline day I reckon. Is Levy so stubborn with his valuation he will take the man training with the U-21s for the whole season and lose any resale value?

I can't see it mate for a number of reasons:

1. RM has said he wants 3 signings (ST, CAM, CB)

2. At the end of the season martinez said something along the lines of "everton and Aaron will always have fond memories of our time together"

3. He won't have 5 wingers in the squad with us not being in Europe, he already said we don't need as big a squad and even though we the fans know in reality Pienaar and Mcgeady are finished he doesn't seem to.

Sorry, but would take this any day of the week. The money could be spent on three excellent players.

I don't doubt Stones is a great passer and his ball control is excellent. But is he that good defensively? I don't think so, or else why did we ship so many goals last season (baring in mind he was in pretty much all year)?
So you are that confident that BK would let RM all,of the funds from selling Stones for transfers??

Does he really lose possession more than say McCarthy playing that position or is this just something you have in your head now?

His pass % was 79% today and McCarthy's was 80% and that's with him playing further forward and probably playing a lot more forward and longer passes.

I don't remember him losing it much while dribbling either.

Edit : Both him and McCarthy were dispossessed once each.

It probably sticks in my head more because when Barkley loses the ball he just stands there and makes no effort to go and win it back, or if he does try, it's half hearted.

Rumoured 8 million signing on fee and a fair chunk of change per week

Woah, I am not talking about him being a bad player or WANTING to sell him. I just understand that IF Stones decides that he wants to leave, then he will leave.. no matter what. Everton are not Manchester United, we can't afford to let £30,000,000 slip, whilst leaving a star player on the bench.

But I firmly believe that we will not sink without Stones. Losing other players would have hurt us much more, so in my opinion losing Stones is the best in the bunch of players we could've lost. I also believe that sometimes you have to sell, to progress - even Chelsea had to do it last year.

In terms of using all the money on another center back, the ones we are being linked with only cost in the range of 7-10 million. So if that's right, we could get three or four players for the price of one.

He was out for three months, during which (especially over Christmas) we made more defensive errors than any other team in the premier league. I still wake up screaming about that sodding Newcastle game where McGeady seemed determined to run into our own net.

One piece of play today and people are OK with selling him - In the words of a certain Mr. Paisley, never!

Even though that would leave us with 1 centre back. So whatever money we are allowed to spend would just on centre backs anyway meaning it's a massive waste of time?

So you are that confident that BK would let RM all,of the funds from selling Stones for transfers??

Woah, I am not talking about him being a bad player or WANTING to sell him. I just understand that IF Stones decides that he wants to leave, then he will leave.. no matter what. Everton are not Manchester United, we can't afford to let £30,000,000 slip, whilst leaving a star player on the bench.

But I firmly believe that we will not sink without Stones. Losing other players would have hurt us much more, so in my opinion losing Stones is the best in the bunch of players we could've lost. I also believe that sometimes you have to sell, to progress - even Chelsea had to do it last year.

In terms of using all the money on another center back, the ones we are being linked with only cost in the range of 7-10 million. So if that's right, we could get three or four players for the price of one.
Mate we'd barely get 2 players in for the money. Keep him for now, he's only going to get better and more valuable

By your reckoning thats like selling the family silver then scrapeing round Matalan for for similar replacements....3 for 1 is good ...right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back