Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though he says we only need 3 i really don't understand how the left side is being ignored completely. Mirallas not as comfortable on that side, Pienaar unfortunately looks incapable of getting a run of games, Deulofeu so far in his loan and pre season suits the right side, Osman is getting on and shouldnt be a starter, Cleverley is a hard worker but offers little in terms of width and link up.

The Shaqiri rumours would make sense from that stand point as he can play centrally or out wide but still feel a left sided player is needed for our team to have balance. Mertens another who could fill either role

wages and finances probably. we only have a squad limit of 25. we have 4 wingers as well as player like cleverley, osman, barkley, oviedo who can probably fill in there. it's obviously not ideal, but we're paying for pienaar and mcgeady's wages and who exactly is going to buy them off us?

wages and finances probably. we only have a squad limit of 25. we have 4 wingers as well as player like cleverley, osman, barkley, oviedo who can probably fill in there. it's obviously not ideal, but we're paying for pienaar and mcgeady's wages and who exactly is going to buy them off us?
We have a squad limit of 25 over-21 players. Deulofeu, Barkley, Stones, Browning, and Galloway all don't count towards that. We actually only have 20 players who count towards the roster limit right now, which is, I believe, the smallest squad in the league. That's not good considering how many injuries we always have.

Don't care who we sign anymore, or even if we sign nobody, because it literally doesn't even matter (but for injuries) when our tactics are the same week in and week out.

Seriously, Shaqiri for example might be that player we are 'crying out for' - but he's not going to change the way we play.... pass pass pass, turn back, pass pass pass, go forward, get crowded out, pass straight to them... defend really slowly and give as much space as possible to allow crosses and conserve energy for all the passing we need to do.

I like passing, i do, but we take the pish

Don't care who we sign anymore, or even if we sign nobody, because it literally doesn't even matter (but for injuries) when our tactics are the same week in and week out.
but it does mate. our issue right now is the style martinez wants, doesn't fit who we have. If we want to play possession teams will of course set up shop but right now we're lacking players in the final third who can't* break through. Teams park the bus against teams like Arsenal as well but the difference is they have players like ozil and cazorla who can unlock a defence. they don't switch to " plan B (aka hoofball)"

but it does mate. our issue right now is the style martinez wants, doesn't fit who we have. If we want to play possession teams will of course set up shop but right now we're lacking players in the final third who can't* break through. Teams park the bus against teams like Arsenal as well but the difference is they have players like ozil and cazorla who can unlock a defence. they don't switch to " plan B (aka hoofball)"
They have players who pass forward into space whilst the strikers etc run into that space.

I could do that! So could you! It doesn't take a 40 million pound signing with a fancy name to play a through ball. It could be Kevin Davies for all I care. JUST MOVE A LOT AND PASS INTO THE SPACES!

Seriously, Shaqiri for example might be that player we are 'crying out for' - but he's not going to change the way we play.... pass pass pass, turn back, pass pass pass, go forward, get crowded out, pass straight to them... defend really slowly and give as much space as possible to allow crosses and conserve energy for all the passing we need to do.

I like passing, i do, but we take the pish
We already have boss players in our squad (isn't it the best squad we have had in over a decade? maybe two?)....With a different tactical setup we would boss it....I think...I have know basis for this... just my thoughts

We already have boss players in our squad (isn't it the best squad we have had in over a decade? maybe two?)....With a different tactical setup we would boss it....I think...I have know basis for this... just my thoughts
absolutely.

who remembers the games in Europe last year where we actually tried to just play counter attacking football instead of being stat-whores, we looked boss in almost every game bar our last in which Kiev wrecked us, and even then on another day we score 3/4 more goals and go through.

They are the ONLY clear cut chances we've created in like the last 11 years of Everton

They have players who pass forward into space whilst the strikers etc run into that space.

I could do that! So could you! It doesn't take a 40 million pound signing with a fancy name to play a through ball. It could be Kevin Davies for all I care. JUST MOVE A LOT AND PASS INTO THE SPACES!
i dont care if a player costs 40m or 4m as long as they do their job. we just don't have that creative player who can work in tight spaces like pienaar did before for us. he wasn't a big money signing either. we have quite a few talented players just missing a few pieces to tie it all together.

More good news in the Sunday papers:

QPR are willing to drop their asking price for Newcastle and Tottenham target Charlie Austin, 26, from £15m to £13m - but only if the fee is paid up front. (Sunday Mirror)

Southampton have bid £8m for Celtic defender Virgil van Dijk, 24, but Everton will make a rival offer if their centre-back John Stones, 21, leaves Goodison Park this summer.(People)

Barcelona winger Adama Traore, 19, is on the verge of a move to Liverpool despite rival interest from Everton and Aston Villa in the Spain Under-19 international. (Fichajes - in Spanish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back