Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was our last clean sheet?

I know we need a few forward type players but our defence is a real concern.

From the defensive midfielders all the way to the keeper.

Saw a tweet last night joking that Carsley protected our back 4 on his own better than McCarthy and Barry do together. I tend to agree.
Did you see their first goal. Barry lost the 50/50 and then just walked back without picking up anyone when he really should have been the one close to the scorer.

Saw a tweet last night joking that Carsley protected our back 4 on his own better than McCarthy and Barry do together. I tend to agree.

You're not wrong with that shout

When was out last clean sheet?

I think we will keep conceding until Howard leaves
And we sign a dominant 6"3 CB as one of jags's faults for me is he can't handle big powerful forwards

Doesn't help when your keeper is giving our defence kittens every time we have to defend a cross

I agree about Barry & McCarthy
I think we would be better just to have McCarthy infront of the back 4 as maybe with Barry doing that job McCarthy sometimes doesn't know either to stick or twist

I think we will keep conceding until Howard leaves
And we sign a dominant 6"3 CB as one of jags's faults for me is he can't handle big powerful forwards

Doesn't help when your keeper is giving our defence kittens every time we have to defend a cross

I agree about Barry & McCarthy
I think we would be better just to have McCarthy infront of the back 4 as maybe with Barry doing that job McCarthy sometimes doesn't know either to stick or twist

Yeah think I agree. McCarthy and Barry were really great first season but I'd like to see McCarthy on his own. It's a bit of a risk but I think he could do it.

Probably the wrong thread for all this sorry mods.

Just want to let you all know there's whispers Shaqiri is at the Stoke match.

cowboy-shaking-head.gif

Frankly would rather have Evans than VDV.. Especially if Evans can be had for 6mill and VDV is 8 mill. Yes, I know that may not be popular....

At the end of the day, if we had a better strike force we could afford to let in the odd goal.

Right now we know we're unlikely to turn a 0-1 into a 2-1, and if we go 2 down it's pretty much game over.

Let's adopt the 'we'll score one more than you' philosophy. We know we'll gift the opposition about 15 goals this season.

That tweet is spot on, Carsley was a limited footballer but he sure knew how to protect the back four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back