Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not disputing that but I am sure the French football magazine had him in the worst 11 of the year. It was based on what they cost and impact they had. Chances created is new one on me like, how many assists did he get, how many did he score himself are the ones we normally read.

It's a great stat to have but it's something I'd expect from the loveables really. A stat selected to suit an argument.

As I say, I wanted him, I just thought he got picked in the worst team of the year over there which might actually be untrue as I haven't checked. It's just what I thought I read.

He wasn't mate, and he looks good. But he'll probably be there a season and then leave for loads of money when they do poo, plus we couldn't have afforded his wages.

Anyway, I think Shaqiri is ideal for us/Martinez and would slot straight into the aforementioned 4-3-3 on the left, or in the hole where Barkley aspires to be at the expense of someone else, hopefully. Not sure how it would all work, in that case, but we need an automated throughie-wizard and pronto.

we need a player to accompany Barkley and drop Barry or McCarthy, as they are dour mid fielders with no creativity one of them out , and a play maker in would sharpen up our midfield giving us a bit of hope linking up with RB!

Barkley and McCarthy for me.

With a three in from of them of Mirallas (or Del), new playmaker and Cleverley.

There is no reason, ever, to play Barry, Barkley, Cleverley and McCarthy. That's diabolical.

Choose two of the four, and give them chance to gel, ffs. Barry ought to be a player, as Osman has become, who is more effective from the bench. Cleverley is never, ever, ever a wide midfielder, and not a 'number 10', so it ought to be two from three of him, McCarthy and Barkley. McCarthy isn't good enough to automatically command a starting role. In fact, none of them are.

Then we're forgetting Besic, who imo offers more than Barry nowadays. So it's two from five. The fact that Cleverley has been brought in and will likely be shoe-horned into the starting xi stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back