Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@WarringtonBlue said he said it on the radio, haven't heard anything about it though from anyone else, don't know what station it was meant to be on. That Danny Zocek lad on Twitter said that Shaqiri's signing on Monday though.

Sports Report, 5 live yesterday. Reporter said Martinez said to expect signing within days. However later on he did say weeks.

I'm going to pretend the second part didn't happens so days it is!

Payet?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/west-ham-sign-player-more-5945169

"
Yes, Payet created an enormous 135 chances for his team last season - more than any other player in England, Spain, Italy, France or Germany.

That's 34 more than Eden Hazard.

That's 40 more than Cesc Fabregas.

That's 40 more than Lionel Messi."

I'm not disputing that but I am sure the French football magazine had him in the worst 11 of the year. It was based on what they cost and impact they had. Chances created is new one on me like, how many assists did he get, how many did he score himself are the ones we normally read.

It's a great stat to have but it's something I'd expect from the loveables really. A stat selected to suit an argument.

As I say, I wanted him, I just thought he got picked in the worst team of the year over there which might actually be untrue as I haven't checked. It's just what I thought I read.

Impressive.
Closing in on 1000 pages for the spectacular return of 2 new signings.
Phenomenally, yes phenomenally, there must be more fluff written in this thread than spoken at a Roberto Martinez press conference ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back