Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I follow thistle up here. Jack hendry is extremely well thought of up here. He is a big tall, exceptionally fast for a centre half of his size and extremely composed on the ball. I understand why people would turn their nose up at a Everton looking at a player from thistle but the last centre half to leave them to go to the city of Liverpool did no badly at all, Alan Hansen. McCarthy did ok despite coming from a small club up here more recently didn't he? Well worth Everton keeping a close eye on jack. Has all the right attributes to be a top player.
He's Scottish though mate and name the last good Scottish footballer who wasn't playing for Ireland.

He's Scottish though mate and name the last good Scottish footballer who wasn't playing for Ireland.

I get your point, I actually really do. But guys like Paul lambert are an example of talent up here that goes unnoticed because of that very same attitude. Lambert was just an "average" player up here playing for Motherwell until 26. He played against Dortmund in the uefa cup and they liked what they saw and took a chance and the next thing you know is lambert plays an integral role in Dortmund winning the league and champions league in his one full season there.

A more recent example of a player moving and being successful is Andy Robertson at hull. Was playing for the amateur team Queen's Park, then one full season at Dundee United at 19 then a move to hull at 20 where he absolutely excelled in the EPL until his bad injury midway through last season. There are some good ones up here, and the young ones are getting better since the introduction of the performance schools of excellence that was introduced by mark wotte a number of years ago that brought youth development to Scotland to a whole new level and it would be completely remiss of Everton not to scout up here when there is the talent coming through and cost a fraction of the price of players down south.

I get your point, I actually really do. But guys like Paul lambert are an example of talent up here that goes unnoticed because of that very same attitude. Lambert was just an "average" player up here playing for Motherwell until 26. He played against Dortmund in the uefa cup and they liked what they saw and took a chance and the next thing you know is lambert plays an integral role in Dortmund winning the league and champions league in his one full season there.

A more recent example of a player moving and being successful is Andy Robertson at hull. Was playing for the amateur team Queen's Park, then one full season at Dundee United at 19 then a move to hull at 20 where he absolutely excelled in the EPL until his bad injury midway through last season. There are some good ones up here, and the young ones are getting better since the introduction of the performance schools of excellence that was introduced by mark wotte a number of years ago that brought youth development to Scotland to a whole new level and it would be completely remiss of Everton not to scout up here when there is the talent coming through and cost a fraction of the price of players down south.
Fair play for a sensible response to a stupid remark. There are signs that maybe the standard is rising and Dundee have had a few good prospects come through haven't they? Still think you have to be truly exceptional in Scotland to make it in England though.

Attacking midfielder is the correct term.

Attacking midfielder is too vague. Barkley is an attacking midfielder but not a number 10.

Number 10 refers to a creative player who plays off the striker and plays sexy through balls, deceptive reverse passes and always moves into pockets of space to receive the ball.

Granted you sound like a massive nobhead when you say stuff like that, much like I do now.

Personally, I just say playmaker.

Attacking midfielder is too vague. Barkley is an attacking midfielder but not a number 10.

Number 10 refers to a creative player who plays off the striker and plays sexy through balls, deceptive reverse passes and always moves into pockets of space to receive the ball.

Granted you sound like a massive nobhead when you say stuff like that, much like I do now.

Personally, I just say playmaker.
A playmaker could be sat deeper or more central lid.

Attacking midfielder and defensive midfielder have worked perfectly fine for many years.

I'm not letting the FIFA playing beauts and our own manager make us speak like them.

A playmaker could be sat deeper or more central lid.

Attacking midfielder and defensive midfielder have worked perfectly fine for many years.

I'm not letting the FIFA playing beauts and our own manager make us speak like them.
I hate this trend of "number 10" and whatever. Don't get me started on false 9's or whatever the hell that is.

What's wrong with "attacking mid"? Or even "midfielder"?

Either way, we could do with one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back