Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rondon always looks hopeless, I'd be gutted if we spent 15 mill on him. Prices have gone mad. No way this guy or Austin are worth anywhere near 15 mill. Remember when we all thought 12 mill was pricy for Yakubu after seasons of him banging goals in. Austin has done it for one season and he's worth 15 mill? Baffling.
The market has changed though.
Far more money in it now. 15 is about right in this current market.

Funny how much we all fancy the exotic signing over the boring one.

I see West Brom are in talks for Rondon with a view to signing him for £15m. Signing him would be properly exciting whilst Austin would just be good. However they are almost the exact same age, Austin would definitely settle (he was happy in Burnley) off the pitch and is proven in the league.

Still we'll get neither and end up with Kone an Nais up front.

Disagree, I'd much rather Austin for the same money. Saw Rondon play once and he was dead slow. That or he wasn't arsed, neither of which I find desirable.

I don't think the squad is threadbare.
We are short of quality cover in the striking department and probably need another centrehalf as backup but both Galloway and Browning are natural centrehalfs.
We have plenty of midfielders but the squad needs another player in the Gibson mould to bring something different.

If Lukaku isn't fit to start I would play Mirallas there . as in many ways it is a position that suits him very well.

Yes, we need more players, but even in spite of injuries to Hibbert, Gibson, McGeady,Besic,Deulofeu and Pienaar we will still have a strong bench and team tomorrow.
I like your upbeat thoughts - hope you are right but the fact that Kone will probably start tomorrow is worrying.

BU saying that Austin is a done deal is a win/win situation for them IMO.

If it comes off, it will boost their credibility.
If it doesn't happen, they will say we wouldn't cough up the cash, Kenwright out etc.

You are actually right.

They wouldnt admit they were wrong.

Want us to make a stellar signing that will have other clubs looking our way, seeing the likes of Palace, Newcastle etc. Bring in your Cabaye's, Wijnaldum's and WBA now getting Rondon would be great to bring someone like Austin in.

Him and Rom netted 38 goals between them in all comps last season, him and a top quality playmaker would give the club and fans a massive boost.

Can't see Austin coming in. Our main weakness is service to our striker not our striker. If we do get another striker it'll be a lesser known player on loan. Another player up front means a player less able to supply in midfield and being overrun even more from the centre

If you were asked to put a price on an English striker just turned 26 who scored more than 15 league goals for his club last season I would have thought you would put an amount of greater than15m on his head. It sounds very good value and even if he isn't a major success there is certainly substantial resale value there.

I would be happy with his signing, but don't believe it because as an Evertonian it is easier not to believe until something becomes official , it cuts down the grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back