Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why not a fan? I havent really taken much notice of him but he scores a lot of goals everywhere and of all types as well.

All eyes on the QPR team sheet tomorrow then. Like i said i'm not a fan of Austin, but would welcome players to the club and give them a chance.

I'd still be surprised if there's anything in it.

Everton fan sites know how gullible some of our supporters are. Wasn't Dann "done" too when in reality we never really got anywhere near signing him.

IF and it is a big if, the talks are true and Austin does come to Goodison, how do we line-up? There's no way we'd be paying £15M for a bench player so he'll be starting, will there be a change of formation or personnel?

Can't see 3 at the back cause it wastes Baines and Coleman so I'd say one of the following...

4-4-2 diamond

Joel
Coleman Jagielka Stones Baines
McCarthy
Geri Mirallas
Barkley
Austin Lukaku

4-4-2

Joel
Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines
Geri Barkley McCarthy Mirallas
Austin Lukaku

4-2-3-1

Joel
McCarthy Cleverley
Mirallas Austin Geri
Lukaku

Always nice to find a fellow Joel enthusiast

Why not look at it being 2 players for every position, yourself and others say we dont have money to spend on "bench" players BUT the top sides dont just have one top player for every position, they have two...also theres 5+ players out next summer and likely even more e.g Howard.

Heres what it looks like based on just long term players...

GK - ?? / ??
LB - Baines / Garbutt
LCB - Jagielka / Galloway
RCB - Stones / Browning
RB - Coleman / ??
DM - Besic / McCarthy
CM - Barkley / Cleverley
AM - ?? / ??
LW - Mirallas / ??
RW - Deulofeu / ??
ST - Lukaku / ??

We add in Austin and a playmaker and with one or two more additions next summer we look pretty strong all over.

IF and it is a big if, the talks are true and Austin does come to Goodison, how do we line-up? There's no way we'd be paying £15M for a bench player so he'll be starting, will there be a change of formation or personnel?

Can't see 3 at the back cause it wastes Baines and Coleman so I'd say one of the following...

4-4-2 diamond

Joel
McCarthy
Geri Mirallas
Barkley
Austin Lukaku

4-4-2

Joel
Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines
Geri Barkley McCarthy Mirallas
Austin Lukaku

4-2-3-1

Joel
McCarthy Cleverley
Mirallas Austin Geri
Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back