Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is how a fan group like the blue union would have access to potential signings in the club?

Not trying to be disrespectful but I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to ITK's I have the belief a transfer gets completed and when the announcement comes to our media team to prepare statements maybe they text a friend and it gets trickled back to us but that would only be an hour or two before confirmation

I could be wrong but that's how I see it

I think people are so desperate for a signing they'd take anyone at this point, no reflection on Austin either in that I honestly don't know him therefore have no opinion on him

Spot on, Austin will be very good at the dirty work that doesn't suit Lukaku at present. It will allow Lukaku to focus on developing his strengths. His pace in behind and attacking intent, and not ruling on him to be a focale point of our attack.
Last season v Chelsea Austin grabbed john terry by the face and threw him on the floor not sure we currently have anyone with that in there locker

Well if hes down for cover and Martinez signs Austin, playmaker and centre back we just need a quality winger and a Keeper to have a top notch squad.

Next summer we get a lot of TV money and t players contracts are up. Jettisonning howard and the others then 2 players only needed it could be a masterstroke to get these 3 positions filled with quality now.

Even the best keepers are £15mil and wingers around the same...not an enormous amount next summer needed based on outgoings and TV money.

Naturally agree on the needs, but I think it's too hard to predict how a young goalkeeper will pan out once you give him a real chance. I choose to remain optimistic that Joel can step up, perhaps because I'd rather not add goalkeeper to our list of transfer needs with our miniscule resources!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back